Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about finding high quality writers who want to share their knowledge with our community.
The Community Developer Education team raises awareness of DigitalOcean within the broader developer community by contributing approachable, high-quality learning resources on a variety of DevOps, open source, & modern application development topics. All members of the Developer Education team are united by a strong technical background, an interest in teaching & helping developers, & a passion for creating the most useful learning materials possible.
We are looking to bring on an experienced Acquisitions Editor to help us grow our community tutorial content. Reporting to the Editorial Manager, the Acquisitions Editor will leverage their previous experience sourcing talented technical writers & subject-matter experts in software development, DevOps, or open-source technologies to help us find high quality content that aligns with our content strategy. The person in this role will have the opportunity & resources to shape, drive, & evolve our teams content acquisition strategy, so we can continue to help developers around the world solve their most challenging problems.
If you feel that you have the background & knowledge for this Acquisitions Editor position, wed love to talk to you & see where theres a fit!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Researching & recruiting industry experts to expand our author talent pool.
- Working with prospective authors to shape topics & outlines that align with our content strategy.
- Educating prospective authors on the content publication process & guiding them through sample & topic review.
- Building & maintaining strong relationships with subject-matter experts in multiple fields.
- Using social media tools & marketing campaigns in recruiting efforts.
- Participating in the sample & topic approval process.
- Working collaboratively across the DigitalOcean marketing team to produce learning resources on a variety of topics related to open source & distributed infrastructure.
- Participating in Community initiatives (product launch prep work, strategic tasks, etc.)
- Assisting other teams with building out learning resources through content acquisition.
- Identifying & / or attending conferences & meetups to connect with the developer community & source talent.
What We'll Expect From You:
- Previous experience with content acquisition related to DevOps, open-source software, or software development. Previous experience in technical book or article publishing is a plus.
- Experience working with software developers, system administrators, DevOps professionals, or other technical professionals. An existing network of subject matter experts is a plus.
- Understanding of DevOps Engineering & / or Software Development. Familiarity with writing code or using Linux is a plus.
- Excellent written & verbal English communication skills.
- Experience working closely with marketing teams (and other departments) is a plus.
- Experience using social media to establish meaningful connections with people.
- Ability to travel domestically & internationally.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard, but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here, & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer, & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!