Nexans Norway AS is a leading supplier of power, telecommunications, installations & heating cables in Norway, & is among the worlds leading manufacturers of offshore control cables & high-voltage submarine cable solutions. The companys head office is in Oslo, & it has manufacturing plants at Rognan, Langhus & Halden. The company has nearly 1,600 employees & is a part of the Nexans Group which has an industrial presence in 34 countries & commercial activities worldwide. Nexans employs more than 26,000 people & is listed on the Paris stock exchange. Nexans Norway is organized into three business lines: Market Lines, Subsea & Land Business Group & Submarine Telecom & Special Cables. More information on www.nexans.com
Materials Engineering Department (MED) has a vacant position as:
Materials Engineer Polymers & Composites
The technical department in Subsea & Land Business Group has the overall system & product responsibility & is the ultimate technical authority in the business group. The technical department consists of & has the responsibility for R&D, Material Engineering, System & Product Management, as well as advanced analysis. We are strengthening the team within Material Engineering & are looking for a candidate that are ready to bring energy to life.
- Qualify materials for use in cable production & accessories
- Specify/measure material properties for use in cable/umbilical/accessories
- Technical follow up of material suppliers
- Manage or participate in R&D projects
- Participate in delivery projects as materials engineer
- Participate in the engineering process with materials expertise
- Participate in specifying process conditions for the materials
Your qualifications & skills:
- University degree MSc / PhD or similar in polymer & composite materials technology.
- Able to work independently
- Practically oriented
- Fluency both in written & spoken English & Scandinavian language
What we offer:
- Interesting & varied work in a multidisciplinary work environment
- Competitive working terms & conditions
- Good pension scheme & insurance agreements
In Nexans we believe that a diverse workforce is fundamental for creating an inspirational workplace & encourage women to apply for this position.
For more information please contact: Jrgen Iversen, 41402740