WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration & workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, & we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in UK, France, & Germany, & the new Poland location will act as a global engineering & product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
Our Apps Services Team will be responsible for implementing architectural improvements that enable other teams to build web & mobile apps efficiently. The goal of this team is to make feature development faster & easier across teams. A core part of the responsibility is to maintain & improve tools that are commonly used by application teams.
Who we're looking for: We're looking for an experienced engineering professional who is willing & able to make architectural improvements on existing functionality. We expect you to raise the quality bar for the organization as well & always thinking ahead to making development easier. We would like you to be comfortable working at web scale with enterprise-grade practices, & is aware of tradeoffs brought by every decision.
- You have 5+ years of professional software development experience
- You have experience making front end architectural improvements
- You have experience working with legacy codebases
- You have in mind the impact that your decisions bring while implemented for large scale
- You speak English proficiently
- You know & use design patterns on daily basis
Nice to have:
- Experience with GraphQL & Webpack
- Experience with Google Cloud Services
- Experience with FE testing frameworks
- Leadership skills
Candidate will be expected to:
- Attend weekly stand ups, sprint planning / retrospectives, team meetings, manager 1:1s
- Maintain & refactor one or more legacy codebases
- Provide input in implementing standards across all product teams at Box
- Help on-board new team members & mentor junior engineers
- Participate in production on-call rotation with your team members
- You will be an ambassador of Box Poland, representing the company & your team internally & externally
Percentage of Time Spent:
- 40% research/investigation
- 20% coding
- 10% bug fixes
- 15% documentation
- 15% meetings
- Agile management - Scrum/Kanban (whatever makes sense & dont bring overhead)
- Issue tracking tool - Jira
- Knowledge repository - GitHub, Confluence
- Code reviews - GitHub
- Version control system - GitHub
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice. For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel & Candidate Privacy Notice.