CommonBond has built a values-driven, customer-centric fintech company. Our mission is to change the way people think about their personal finances & financial independence. We accomplish this by offering products that increase monthly cash flow for consumers, leverage state-of-the art technology, & deliver award-winning customer service. We are also the only fintech company with a 1-for-1 social mission; for every loan funded, we fund the education of a child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the Worlds 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by, & the Forbes Fintech 50. In 2020, the company made the Inc 500 list, which highlights the fastest growing private companies in America. We are backed
As an Underwriting Analyst, youll be responsible for ensuring that our loans meet verification requirements & program guidelines. Underwriting Analysts are the primary stakeholders for loan approvals, & as such they play a key role in improving our proprietary loan origination platform & process. This role is on the frontlines of how CommonBond delivers a different, & better, financial services experience. If changing finance alongside an inspiring team of leaders excites you, then this is the role & the company for you.
As Underwriting Analyst, you will:
- Manage a loan application pipeline by reviewing applications & implementing our strict requirements for credit quality & data integrity
- Upgrade your credit administration skills in a highly progressive environment where we leverage the best technology & build our own underwriting tools
- Gain technical skills - well teach you basic SQL, & there are opportunities to get hands on with other technologies!
- Collaborate with the operations, tech, product, analytics, & finance teams as you become an expert on our underwriting process
To be considered, you must have:
- At least an Associate's degree (if you have a great GPA or test score, let us know!)
- At least 1 year of full-time work experience in a role where focus & attention to detail are essential in your daily responsibilities. If you have experience in lending, insurance, or risk, thats a plus!
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced & challenging environment
- Desire to work individually while becoming part of a close-knit team
- Passion for customers: making their lives better & providing a best-in-industry experience
You can work in our New York City HQ; or remotely from anywhere in the US (as long as you work east coast hours). As a heads up, due to the on-going pandemic of COVID-19, if you choose to work from our NYC HQ, it is likely that youll start working remotely.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.