Away is seeking an Analyst, Marketing & Data Science to join our Data & Analytics team. In this role, you will be responsible for proactive analysis related to acquisition & retention marketing in order to drive business strategy. The right candidate is excited to join a fast-paced, data-driven team & become our in-house expert on marketing analytics & data science. This position is based out of our headquarters in Soho, New York City & reports to our Head of Data & Analytics.
What you'll do:
- Operate as the go-to resource for our Acquisition Marketing & Retention Marketing teams for both day-to-day support & longer-term strategic analyses
- Support our Acquisition Marketing & Retention Marketing teams across the entire marketing life-cycle from spend allocation to segmentation & targeting to measurement & attribution
- Iterate on our existing multi-touch attribution model to understand marketing efficiency & uncover new opportunities for acquisition & retention marketing channels, including but not limited to: Paid Social, Paid Search, Display, TV/OTT, Audio, Direct Mail, Out of Home, Email, Referral
- Develop a media mix model (MMM) designed to inform higher level portfolio strategy across acquisition channels & ensure we are prioritizing incremental lift over conventional metrics
- Develop a predictive model of customer lifetime value that helps highlight our most valuable acquisition & retention strategies & determine the threshold for efficient marketing spend
- Build a product recommendation engine designed to optimize cross-sell & upsell retention efforts for a constantly expanding product line
- Determine the impact of interactions between marketing channels (both paid & unpaid) to ensure efforts are creating synergies rather than duplication
- Work with Acquisition Marketing & Retention Marketing to define the roadmap for marketing analytics best suited to supercharge our efforts
Who you are:
- You have 3-5 years professional experience in Marketing Analytics and/or Data Science
- You have an understanding & strong interest in all aspects of Growth Marketing in the context of a direct-to-consumer business, including multi-touch attribution, media mix modeling, incrementality, cohort analysis, & customer lifetime value
- You are intellectually curious & identify areas of analysis that have potential to add business value
- You have experience with SQL & a business intelligence tool like Looker or Tableau
- You have experience with Python across the spectrum of data mining, statistical modeling/data science, & data visualization, including but not limited to packages like pandas, numpy, matplotlib, scikit-learn
- You have experience with Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, or similar data warehouses
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You love to travel (but thats a given)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel.We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees.Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career.Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment whereeveryonecan thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer equitable compensation packages.We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than 500,000 suitcases, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 150 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.