Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help the leading organizations, businesses, activists, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change. To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Legal Intern at Purpose, you will be working alongside the People, Culture, & Operations (Finance, Legal & HR) team to assist in reviewing agreements, legal research, & special projects.
You will report to the General Counsel. This role will be mostly remote.
This role is a part time position which will require a commitment of 25-30 hours per week. The role is offered at the Jr Associate tier with an hourly rate of $25.
- Assist in reviewing agreements, including procurement agreements, client & funder agreements, grant agreements, licensing agreements & non-disclosure agreements.
- Draft ancillary documents & legal templates such as powers of attorney & memorandums of understandings.
- Perform legal research on various legal issues ranging from corporate governance, tax, compliance, intellectual property, labor & employment laws, & data privacy.
- Conduct 1-2 special capstone projects
- Assist General Counsel in companys data privacy & data protection compliance efforts
- Support General Counsel as a member of the Legal team.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- 2L or 3L law student enrolled in an accredited law school.
- Trained & experienced in legal research on legal research platforms (e.g. WestLaw, LexisNexis, BloombergLaw) & mainstream search engines with ability to identify key legal issues & turnaround concise answers to questions with appropriate recommendations.
- Proficient in Google Docs Editors Suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets, Drawings, Forms, Calendar, Drive); Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint); & Adobe Acrobat
- Proficient with email, video conferencing programs (Google Meet & Zoom), & all other forms of digital communication (e.g. Slack)
- Ability to multitask, collaborate with others & to take initiative.
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.