Senior Manager of Mobile Marketingat Walmart eCommerce
About Walmart eCommerce
Walmart eCommerce is rapidly innovating to evolve & define the future state of shopping. With some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent & more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital & physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Backed by the worlds largest retailer, Walmart eCommerce is a growing family of brands including Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoes.com, & more. And were just getting started.
About the Job
As Senior Manager of Mobile Marketing, you will be part of a dynamic marketing team leading mobile strategic planning, digital marketing, & mobile app acquisition & retention across all channels to drive growth of the Walmart GM & Grocery Apps. You will be a key partner to the product & retail marketing teams, focused on helping Walmart define growth strategies for the mobile app within the context of our broader business & product initiatives.
In this cross-functional role, you will report to the Director of Marketing mobile growth & focus on growing our app user base through paid & owned channels & tactics. You will be the champion for app adoption, with the ultimate objective of impacting app awareness, funnel efficiency, digital marketing ROI, & customer retention.
You will work closely with internal teams (CRM, product, stores marketing, data, & finance), to coordinate on business objectives & execution, including optimizing the use of marketing technology solutions to guide strategic thinking & communications planning. As a Senior Manager, you are responsible for the day-to-day management of paid media programs & partners, maintaining engaging & productive vendor & agency relationships.
You are an experienced mobile marketer with a proven track record in effectively developing & executing mobile app strategies to generate positive results.
You are both a marketer & technologist. You love customers & making sure their needs are built into the product experience. You love supporting the value proposition that delivers on Walmarts promise to enhance customers lives & save them money & time.
You have a proven track record of bringing impactful mobile products & experiences to market & delivering on growth & adoption targets.
You have a bias for action. You love to take risks & enjoy working collaboratively to create a vision & then execute on that vision.
You live & breathe marketing & can go from chatting about media plans to exploring strategic partnerships to uncovering shopper insights in one conversation.
You have a deep understanding of various marketing levers & how to use them to drive growth & profitability.
You are curious & ambitious. You are never satisfied with the status quo & are constantly looking to learn, grow, & innovate.
Youre a flexible team player. You work well with stakeholders & business partners, have great business sense, & know when to trust your gut.
Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Develops & executes a holistic mobile strategy for growing, retaining, & monetizing our mobile user audience for Walmart apps in partnership with internal & external stakeholders & agencies.
- Drafts media investment plans to optimize marketing spends & value to drive customers to download, engage with, & make purchases via the app.
- Creates strategies for new product launches & go-to-market recommendations for in-app product & in-store app features.
- Tests new consumer concepts & leverages customer insights & analytics to provide input into new marketing or service activation strategies.
- Collaborates with multiple stakeholders (e.g., legal, merchants, finance/planning, tech groups) to garner support against growth strategies.
- Identifies opportunities to drive app growth outside of traditional paid media tactics, e.g. mobile app networks, affiliates, partnerships, etc.
- Actively participates in & represents marketing in cross-functional venues.
- Leverages customer & competitor data to mine insights & make recommendations on new/additional target audience segments to establish marketing channel priorities.
- Continuously adjusts strategy & plans based on campaign ROI, real-time trends, & other insights.
- Foster relationships with key contacts at agencies & partners.
Marketing Campaign Execution & Optimization
- Manages complex initiatives or campaigns in partnership with agency & internal teams, from inception through execution, including developing creative briefs, media planning oversight & approvals.
- Works closely with analytics partners & media agencies to track & measure marketing campaigns to determine success or areas of improvement for future campaigns.
- Works closely with cross-functional partners to drive mobile installs & engagement to existing user base to improve customer retention & LTV.
- Identifies segmentation, use cases, user personas, & value proposition to build positioning, targeting, & messaging to enhance sales & profits for those segments.
- Provides guidance & input on communications strategy to CRM team (e.g., Push, email, in-app messaging, social media), to ensure a consistent customer experience & brand alignment from install to activation.
- Works with internal & external partners to create mobile-specific offers & messages that are compelling, relevant & differentiated.
- Partners with marketing lead & agency on app store optimization (ASO) efforts across both the iOS App Store & Google Play to maximize install rate & rankings.
- Works extensively with data teams to build a source of truth & reporting for mobile apps through campaign, behavioral, & cohort analysis that will help us design successful engagement, acquisition, & retention strategies.
- Completes performance analysis & projections, showcasing results the team has delivered & presenting to business partners, product, & leadership.
- Stays on top of the latest industry developments in mobile & mobile marketing.
- 4-7 years relevant experience in B2C ecommerce & digital marketing, with a strong preference for mobile & digital product marketing & direct responsibility for growing audience.
- Demonstrated success with both performance & brand marketing. Knowledge of marketing disciplines: acquisition, retention, brand, media, creative, content, product marketing & partnerships.
- Extensive knowledge in running a 360 campaign, from creating strategies to executing tactics across digital marketing channels: email, Push, social, & mobile media to engage customers & transform brand & customer experience.
- Proven leadership & ability to influence cross-functionally.
- Strong communication & analytical skills with the ability to think strategically, but also dive in to complete work.
- Solid understanding of marketing & media analytics & the ability to work with data to understand & analyze performance, optimize plans, make quick decisions & measure impact to the business.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Well-versed in project/process management with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Sharp creative eye, experience testing & learning messaging & creative.
- Risk-taker, comfortable in fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities.
- Knowledge of & interest in ecommerce customer behavior.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record. MBA a plus.
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking why not, looking where no ones looked before & crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing & building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise & delight all while saving consumers every penny possible & were just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning & of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm & youre capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch youd look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, youll be able to access the resources & scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology & nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What were saying is, this isnt your average day job. If youre hungry to catapult ideas into action & own your career, lets chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve & define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money & live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent & more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital & physical shopping to help achieve that mission.