Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
Were looking for a Technical Writer who will play a key role in the growth of our Product & Engineering (P&E) organization by creating & improving the best practices for high-quality technical documentation. Whether its a new joiner going through onboarding material, or an employee interested in the latest & greatest of our internal (or external!) technologies, we need someone to ensure that this information can be both readily found & easily comprehensible. Thats where you come along!
At Compass, you will:
Formalize our information architecture
- Creating best practices in the use of various tools such Google docs, Confluence, & GIT that will present complex information in an easy, clear & concise manner
- Proposing & implementing other document management tools when new use cases arise
Innovate & raise the bar on how we organize, deliver & discover information
- Develop operational procedures for documentation that will enable our P&E members to learn, grow, & deliver faster
- Get creative! Standardization is great, but there isnt always a one-size fits all solution
Curate & Improve
- Our onboarding documentation
- Our internal & external technical documentation
Guide & mentor
- Training product & program managers, designers, & engineers but also collaborating with them, gathering feedback, & continuously improving the art of technical documentation
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience of working in a technical writing role
- Ability to write in a explanatory & procedural style for multiple audiences
- Proficiency in various documentation management tools
- Excellent communication skills & detail oriented
- Ability to deliver through ambiguity for multiple projects at once
- Possessing a get things done attitude & being scrappy to deliver on outcomes
- Proven ability to work directly with highly technical engineering teams
- Interpersonal & relationship building skills within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Possessing a passion for continuous improvement
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog