Jets mission is to become the smartest way to shop & save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology & fulfillment platform, & incredible customer service, weve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, were passionate about empowering people to live & work brilliant.
About Jets Internal Engine
Were building a new kind of company, & were building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, & retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, & fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether were dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success & we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If youre an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, & innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, wed love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
As a Process Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead & develop your own team of Jet Associates; one of your main focuses will be motivating, mentoring, & coaching your team. You will be responsible for engaging your team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance performance & engagement are maintained. To achieve this, managers are expected to provide their associates with the tools needed for success as well as keenly drive productivity & efficiency through data-driven decisions & analytical problem-solving.
- Supporting all safety programs & OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
- Developing performance goals & objectives to achieve customer promise expectations & ensure accuracy & quality.
- Partnering with the management team to establish & maintain quality control standards.
- Proactively identifying & leading process improvement initiatives & Lean tools.
- Building & executing productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, & partnering with other Process Managers to balance labor.
- Leading & developing a team of Jet associates.
- Communicating policies to associates & act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance & consistency & taking corrective action when needed.
- Ensuring procedures are followed for building security & product loss prevention.
- Creating, managing, & supporting recognition & communication programs.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce & we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical warehouse activities with or without reasonable accommodation. These activities include the following:
- Lifting & moving material up to 49 pounds each.
- Bending, lifting, stretching & reaching both below the waist & above the head.
- Frequent walking in the building & around area; facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Standing & walking for up to 10-12 hours a day.
- Ascending & descending ladders, stairs, & gangways safely & without limitation
- You have a completed bachelors degree or 3+ years of FC experience.
- You are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- You take ownership in your work & team & are available to work overtime during Jets peak holiday season & as needed year-round. In addition, you are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
- You pride yourself in leading others; you have direct management experience & have been responsible for your employees performance.
- You have an eye for efficiency & have experience identifying & executing process improvement initiatives.
- You not only have experience in managing a team of 30+ employees, you also lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, & Six Sigma.
- You have a bachelors degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related field.
- You have over 3 years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
- You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, & when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself & meet it.
- You dont hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal & written communication skills.
- You enjoy analytical work & using data to provide thought-provoking & workable solutions. You typically volunteer to lead projects & help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership & driving results.
- You like adventures & taking risks. You are willing to relocate to any of our sites in the country with the assistance provided.
- You see value in long term thinking & large scale impact to a company. You have interest in developing a long-term career through assignments in multiple operational buildings across the nation.