Join Village Medical as a Clinical Support - Medical Assistant In St. Cloud, FL
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
Why Village Medical?
At Village Medical, we're looking for a Clinical Support - Medical Assistant to help us transform the way primary care is delivered & how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies & support. Inspiring them with better practices & consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven & patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, & never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Clinical Support - Medical Assistant is responsible for providing patient support & communication & facilitating an exceptional patient experience to build & reinforce satisfaction, trust & drive organizational loyalty. Accountable for welcoming & preparing the patient for their appointment, the Clinical Support - Medical Assistant informs patients of relevant & required information for their visit, & provides clear communication around the services they are scheduled to receive.
How you can make a difference:
- Provides coverage to clinics located throughout Southeast Houston.
- Prepares & administers medications as directed by the Physician; performs basic laboratory tests, EKGs as ordered or indicated & suture removal & dressing changes.
- Performs medical histories, provides instruction to the patient regarding medications & diet, & authorizes prescription refills as directed.
- Prepares patients for examination using Village Medical Rooming Guidelines.
- Performs phlebotomy as ordered.
- Greets patients & answers phones
- Prepares, cleans & maintains exam & treatment rooms, as well as supplies & equipment.
- Monitor controls of CLIA waived tests.
Skills for success:
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously with limited direction.
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes.
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented.
- Communication: conveys thoughts & expresses ideas effectively both verbally & in writing; strong presentation skills.
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product & results.
- Service: Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic, can-do approach to issue resolution.
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful.
Experience to drive change:
- Medical Assistant Certification or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) required
- Phlebotomy experience required
- Must have current BLS certification for healthcare providers through American Heart Association or Red Cross
- Must have High School Diploma
- Experience in primary care, family practice, internal medicine, urgent care or ER preferred
- Spanish speaking preferred
How you will thrive:
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, & a valuable health benefits package, Village Medical offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, & generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience & enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on Village Medical products & services & the advancement of innovative solutions & improved quality of healthcare for providers & patients.
Our unique Village Medical culture how inclusion & diversity make the difference
At Village Medical, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system.Individuals seeking employment at Village Medical are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with Village Medical today.