Away is seeking a Site Reliability Engineering Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate is interested in building scalable infrastructure, adding system resiliency, improving developer productivity, automating everything that can (and should) be automated, as well as being a thoughtful people manager. They will oversee a small team of SRE engineers responsible for overall site health & reducing operational issues.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a team of software engineers
- Part of your job will be working on projects to improve scalability of our systems as we support more countries, fulfillment centers, shipping carriers, etc.
- The other part will be working on site uptime, monitoring/alerting, development tools, & overall performance
- Take ownership of planning, strategy, execution, testing, & overall success of complex technical projects
- Recruiting & career development of SRE engineers
- Being a technical leader & contributor to projects, including some coding, code reviews, & architectural discussions
- Help create & iterate on the SRE responsibilities & processes at Away
- 5+ years of systems or backend software experience
- 1+ years of technical leadership & people management experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- 2+ years of retail and/or e-commerce experience
- 2+ years of technical leadership & people management experience with a team of 3 or more engineers
- Experience with AWS, Heroku, or similar IaaS or PaaS platforms
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel.We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees.Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career.Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment whereeveryonecan thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages.We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team meals & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M intotal equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!