Senior C++ Engineer, Real Time Communications Services
Be a part of something big. Join our vision to transform workplace communication as we know it!
Fuze is a leading unified communications as a service (UCaaS) provider focused on modernizing & simplifying day-to-day business conversations. We unify collaboration technologies like voice, video, & messaging on a single cloud-based platform so users can experience greater efficiency & less hassle each workday. Our company is growing rapidly as we move full steam ahead toward our anticipated IPO. Now is the time to bring your passion & expertise to our Fuze team!
The primary task of the Real Time Communications team is to build the heart of our product - the software stacks that power the audio & video communications within our product. This team works across both the client & backend stacks. Within this team you will get exposure to a broad range of technologies & challenges.
As much as possible, we develop cross platform code -- sharing code across clients & sometimes between the clients & various backend services. We believe modularity & code reuse make for a simpler & more efficient development process. As we are developing cross platform code that is often times CPU intensive & performance critical we tend to use C++ as our language of choice for code that requires portability between the clients & servers.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Owning, developing & maintaining key components of our media backend services which form the backbone of our videoconferencing feature.
- Utilizing AWS ecosystem to achieve required performance, scalability & reliability of the media services
What You Will Need:
- Expert C++ coding skills with minimum of 7 years experience
- Experience developing networking software including working with socket level programming & UDP/TCP
- Experience building enterprise-grade Linux-based services
- Experience developing real-time audio/video communication systems leveraging RTP/RTCP is a huge plus
- Experience with the following is an asset: VoIP & related protocols (SIP, SDP), video conferencing, video codecs, WebRTC, FreeSWITCH
- Understanding of the various trade offs when dealing with real-time media
- Drive, passion, dedication & a good attitude