ServiceChannel is the leading cloud-based service automation platform for facilities management. We offer a single platform to source, procure, manage & pay for repair & maintenance services from commercial contractors. ServiceChannel is well established, but even after almost 20 years we still retain the spirit of a startup. We are primed for success & we are currently on a high growth trajectory. We are committed to creating a great product for our customers & a great work environment for our employees to succeed professionally & personally.
We are looking for an Android engineer with a deep understanding of Java & Android application development, & associated technologies, to join us in our new office in Pleasanton, CA. As a member of our team you should be dedicated to excellence & have a strong sense of personal responsibility. You place high values on creating high quality elegant mobile applications & have experience using unit test frameworks.
- Design, develop, test, & deploy high-quality Android-based solutions using common standards & frameworks
- Apply good design to high-quality software
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years professional experience in building consumer/business native Android applications.
- Knowledge of developing, testing & debugging mobile applications using Java & Kotlin.
- Solid knowledge of the Android SDK; Understands the fundamentals of what makes good app design & has a good understanding of Android API versioning
- Published apps in the Play Store
- Understanding a object-oriented-design in Java/Kotlin
- Team player with strong communication & interpersonal skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Software Development
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience building mobile applications that utilize web services (either HTTP based, XML-RPC, JSON or other services)
- Experience with Agile software development
- Consumer mobile application development
- Develop scalable server-side software
Why Work for Us?
Our work environment is dynamic, collaborative, & entrepreneurial - We are firm believers in working to live & not living to work. Dont get us wrong, we work hard & do what it takes to get the job done, but we value a healthy work/life balance & have a lot of fun along the way. Our company is filled with foodies, music lovers, travelers & sports nuts. We are looking for energetic, positive, creative problem solvers who dont mind digging in & getting their proverbial hands dirty.
In addition to striving to create the best possible environment for our ServiceChannel team members, we also support them outside of work as well through generous medical, dental, & vision insurance, life insurance, 401k with match, a flexible time-off policy, & paid parental leave. Our greatest benefit, however, is our amazing ServiceChannel team!