Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - Container Platform, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Visa's Distributed Systems Architecture & Engineering (DSAE) team collaborates with product development teams, & other teams within Operations & Infrastructure organisation on engineering, building & maintaining the most innovative, reliable, secure & cost-effective distributed solutions to meet VISA customers' growing needs.
If you're passionate about & experienced with cloud & containerisation, you can be part of DSAE Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Team, which is responsible for the private cloud environment & associated infrastructure management solutions at Visa, specifically in designing & deploying multi-hypervisor based cloud & Kubernetes based container platforms. In this role you will be accountable for designing & building innovative cloud infrastructure solutions to support a Software Defined Data Centre (SDDC). Solid platform & virtualization know-how is a must along with experience with open source solutions to encapsulate the infrastructure, making it available as code to customers. Knowledge & experience with infrastructure management tools is also a key requirement. Prior experience with virtualization, containerization & deployment & management of distributed infrastructure at large enterprises is required.
What we're after
- Extensive work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or mid-level work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or experience with a PhD
- Mid-level engineering experience of enterprise infrastructure management solution - architecture design, development, integration, customisation & implementation. Specifically in containerisation, building scalable, reliable & secure container platform & management ecosystems, enabling application transformation micro services
- Solid knowledge on managing the life-cycle of containers, with an in-depth understanding of scheduling, security & compliance challenges & operational considerations
- Proficiency in one or more scripting/programming languages, such as PowerShell, bash, Python, Perl or Go, & Docker Compose, Kubernetes deployment yaml construct and/or Helm charts
- Clear understanding of network OSI model & protocols, good concepts of network name spaces, network overlay & BGP, ready to troubleshoot & diagnose network/load balancer/firewall related issues
- Experienced in building automated solutions through tools & orchestration engine that enable infrastructure to be provisioned, configured, changed & decommissioned through infrastructure life cycle in automated fashion
- Working knowledge of databases, middleware components & web applications, good understanding of the principles of microservices architecture
- Strong analytical skills, able to work independently to solve complex engineering problems. Make independent judgements/decisions within established guidelines
- Communicate well with others both verbally & in writing & be able to effectively interact with peers, management & other outside contacts
- The ability to gather & understand business requirements, translate them into technical/operational requirements
- High degree of initiative & sense of urgency, comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis
- Self-confident, commands technical authority & respect at all levels
- Demonstrable teamwork attitude, ready to initiate collaboration & resolve conflicts
Key skills required (in the order of priority)
- Docker Compose/Swarm/UCP, Kubernetes(must have)
- RHEL Linux & Windows, container OS(must have)
- Good Understanding of network concepts, management protocols (must have)
- Scripting - bash, Perl, Python or Go (must have)
- API & RESTful principles, able to utilise REST APIs for integration & testing (must have)
- XML, JSON, yaml & their transformation (must have)
- Bladelogic, SCCM, Ansible, Chef or Puppet for managing medium & large environments
- Patrol, SCOM, Zabbix, Prometheus/Graphana, SysDig for monitoring VMs/containers nd applications (must have)
- Code repository & version control - Git or Subversion (must have)
- Splunk/ELK, RabbitMQ, Fluentd
- Work in a complex, highly-secure, & highly available operations environments & interacting with the technology domain authorities required to maintain those environments
- Function as the compute lead on critical infrastructure projects & initiatives
- Write technical design & build documentation for compute infrastructure
- Develop ITIL procedures, technology strategy, engineering standards, methodologies, task-plans & standard methodologies for Distributed Compute Engineering
- Collaborate with partner Engineering Disciplines to develop Infrastructure Building Blocks based Reference Architectures & standards that can be offered as services to our customers
- Mentor junior team members
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.