--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This position can be based out of our Melbourne, Australia office or remotely in Canberra, Australia.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated solution sales professional with a proven track record of success in developing, maintaining, & growing customer relationships in the Public Sector. Youre a natural customer advocate with extensive experience of defining customer needs & then structuring & managing complex software solutions, & preparing sales proposals, forecasts, & account planning. You're an expert at building long term customer relationships that support the ambitious growth plans of Dataminr in the International Defence market.
As a Client Engagement Manager, you will serve as program manager & platform expert for a set of high-profile, high-touch customers. You're excited about bringing your experience & skills into a team that is transforming the way that Public Sector Defence clients adopt & use Dataminr.
- Be an expert on Dataminrs platform & develop a deep understanding of publicly available information & social media analytics use cases
- Understand each customers mission sets & operational process in order to design & implement the programs that seamlessly integrate Dataminr into their workflow
- Manage, develop, & support a portfolio of high-profile accounts with a focus on growth opportunities, upsell, & expansion
- Build & maintain strong & effective client relationships, & act as thought partner
- Develop an understanding of customer use cases, internal decision making nuances, budget cycles & other key information necessary to manage & grow accounts
- Conduct quarterly business reviews to ensure business alignment & identify growth opportunities
- Partner with cross company teams to drive product adoption, renewal & customer satisfaction by bringing value to our customers every day
- Serve as an advocate for our customers by collecting & presenting customer account health
- Forecast potential client use-cases & provide immediate support or remediation
- Attend various industry events, trade shows & focused symposiums to drive client expansion/upsells, increase brand awareness & value proposition
- Continuously drive efficiency & improvements for the International Defence sales organization from a strategic & tactical standpoint
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in a related field
- 5+ years of enterprise software or SaaS customer success management or account management experience with a demonstrated track record of success
- Experience selling technology solutions to public sector clients with a focus on defence and/or military accounts
- Track record of quota overachievement & ability to deliver consistently against targets
- Deep understanding of sales process & business drivers for public sector clients
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a wide range of audiences, including technical & non-technical customers
- Superior communication & presentation skills, with an emphasis on communicating both orally & in writing with senior leaders & decision makers
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills & a strong focus on delivering the best possible client experience
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team
- Ability to think on your feet & problem solve in real time
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Must be willing & able to travel (domestically & internationally) as needed, approx. 25-50% of the time
- Must possess NV1 Security Clearance; NV2 or above a plus
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental & vision
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- Daily lunch allowance & snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- WeWork Yoga
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect & process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy & applicable data protection laws. By providing your details & applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.