The Member Experience mission at WeWork delivers experiences that create intelligent spaces & connected, consciously-engineered communities to make people happier & more productive at work. We build products to foster a sense of community in our digital & physical spaces, enable increased productivity for our members, & evolve the ways in which members connect within the community.
As a Data Scientist in the Member Experience mission, you will help our team to understand the needs of our members, analyze how our users engage with our products, & design & evaluate experiments to test new product experiences. Through insights, you will craft narratives that influence the strategy of our mission & inform our product roadmaps.
At WeWork, Data Scientists are exceptional at identifying problems & coming up with effective data-informed solutions. We are not dogmatic about specific methodologies - for any given problem, a Data Scientist may borrow tools from any variety of quantitative disciplines to drive the greatest impact.
Data Scientists in Member Experience are embedded with product teams, so you will work closely with product managers, engineers, designers & researchers to shape the future of our products.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about generating hypotheses for business & product problems
- You thrive in a collaborative & dynamic environment
- You have the proven ability to initiate projects & drive them to completion
- You are highly analytical & enjoy breaking down large problems into smaller solvable components
- You have excellent communication & storytelling skills
- Develop research questions & explore a large variety of data sources to understand who our members are & what they care about
- Identify significant opportunities to evolve our product roadmap by analyzing behavioral & usage data
- Develop experimentation methodology; & launch, monitor, & evaluate experiments & A/B tests
- Work with partners & stakeholders to formulate quantitative & measurable objectives that have an impact on the business & our products
- You have 5+ years of experience in data science or quantitative user research
- You are comfortable using SQL for data munging, exploration, & analysis
- You know how to tell a story using tools like Tableau, matplotlib or ggplot
- You have experience using R or Python for data analysis & can write clean, reusable code
- You have knowledge of one or multiple of the following areas: data mining, statistical analysis, research methods, machine learning, hypothesis testing, network modeling, data visualization, quantitative behavioral science
Nice to Have
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. or M.S.) in a quantitative field, e.g. mathematics, computer science, economics, operations research, engineering, quantitative social science
- Experience in product analytics, user modeling or experimentation
- Experience working at a fast-growing organization
- Passion for quantifying human behavior, satisfaction & productivity
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings.
Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 425 in just over nine years.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.