Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, & more. Braze is built specifically for todays mobile-first world & tomorrows ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time & continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that arent built for todays on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, & teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, & customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, & Singapore. Most recently, weve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. Weve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on's 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a Top 10 Upstart by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a talented leader to manage our growing post-sales Customer Success team across the Americas. The VP, Customer Success will focus on driving strong customer adoption of Braze technology, & positive business outcomes for Braze customers. The ideal candidate will have significant experience managing & maturing Customer Success teams at high-growth startups, working across a wide range of customer types & industries. This role is based in either San Francisco, or New York City.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead an organization of Customer Success Managers across multiple regions who are responsible for widespread adoption of Braze technology across our customer base, & ultimately for achieving or surpassing Brazes dollar renewal rate targets.
- Define & mature an organizational structure for scale that is cost efficient, yet does not sacrifice our high standard of excellence when providing support to customers
- Hire & nurture new talent into our Customer Success organization that is equipped to meet the demands of our rapidly evolving business & customer base
- Develop KPIs, manage performance, & establish career path opportunities for the Customer Success team, alongside your counterpart who oversees our EMEA & APAC regions
- Shape our service offerings, & response level commitments, commensurate to the level of effort required to properly service customers & improve renewal rates
- Partner with the engineering, product, enablement, sales & technical support teams to ensure positive customer outcomes
- Prioritize & funnel customer feedback to the Customer Experience & Product Management team to optimize the user experience with Braze
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Bachelors Degree with MS or MBA preferred
- 10+ years experience successfully leading a distributed Customer Success team, ideally in a B2B SaaS environment
- Proven track record of successfully managing a team within established budget parameters, & allocating resources effectively based on internal & external demands
- Ability to hire & mentor team members, including more technical & more strategic resources
- Excellent interpersonal skills & empathy for customers
- Significant experience building customer relationships at senior level & handling escalations
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas & communicating them in a way others can easily understand
- High level of intellectual curiosity -- you see opportunity & growth in learning more about what you do & how it impacts others
- An understanding of enterprise technology
- Domain knowledge of Mobile, Web, Marketing Automation & Marketing Analytics are a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events & top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments & a real get it done attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance & life assurance coverage for you & your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial & fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.