BuzzFeed is looking for passionate & resourceful project-based culinary support who can aid in creating compelling original recipes & videos for Tasty. Reporting to our Culinary Managers, you'll work on our Hollywood campus with a small team of food stylists & recipe developers to develop recipes & assist on shoots for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram & Tasty.co. Ideally you will come from a culinary background, whether it be for media or food service. We are looking for food stylists, recipe developers, culinary producers & culinary production assistants.
As a Food Stylist/Recipe Developer, you will develop recipes at a high level & collaborate with our creative producers & Test Kitchen Manager to develop recipes in accordance with our style guide. You will also assist in prepping ingredients for shoots & assisting our producers when needed.
- 1 + years of food service experience
- 2 + years of recipe development with experience in international cuisine & high comfort level in both sweet & savory cooking
- Some digital food media experience
- Formal culinary training is preferred, but not mandatory
- Strong interpersonal written & communication skills
- Strong organization & multitasking skills
- Strong knowledge of Tasty video content & understanding of our overall point of view on food
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure & be flexible & willing to modify plans
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to occasionally work on evenings & weekends
- Unwavering commitment to working safely
- Experience on-set & a comfort level performing in higher stress set environments
- Comfort level working with talent
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.