At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
Cloudflare is a rapidly growing global company & there is nothing more important to us than delivering to our users an exceptional native experience across all languages, cultures & platforms. We are looking for an experienced Globalization Program Manager for EMEA who has a proven track record of success in driving internationalization & localization programs as well as demonstrating the value of such programs. You will be the first Globalization hire in EMEA & a key contributor to our global market expansion.
A successful candidate is a highly motivated individual who works comfortably & autonomously in a fast-paced environment. You have a demonstrated ability to manage priorities & projects, with the right mix of organizational & communication skills. You will use your internationalization & localization experience & education to manage projects & requirements across internal & external vendors & linguists. You will also work cross-functionally with Cloudflare stakeholders to identify critical business opportunities & blockers & collaborate on providing solutions.
What you will do:
- Define & drive adoption of the globalization program intake process with product & content owners
- Familiar with industry trends & internal consumption trends of localized content & work with EMEA stakeholders to drive better ROI
- Train others in Cloudflare on new localization technologies & processes
- Manage & support localization projects from beginning to end, working closely with external vendors, internal business partners & other departments
- Develop project plans & workflows, managing time, budget, resources & quality control
- Evangelize localization best practices; build relationships with cross-functional teams to launch successful localized content & products
- Enforce project roles & owners, communication processes, & status meeting schedule
- Remove blockers to deliver success through the proactive management of internal & external dependencies
What you will bring:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Localization or Program Management required. Masters degree preferred
- Native fluency in at least one foreign language & culture required
- Minimum 7+ years of localization program management experience, ideally on both client & vendor sides
- Hands-on experience with web/multimedia localization, common CMS platforms & localization file types required (Memsource, Zendesk, Marketo, Contentful, GitHub, BitBucket, etc.)
- Very familiar with the localization industry & vendor landscape
- Culturally aware & highly effective in engaging & working with a diverse team
- Passionate about Cloudflare & our mission
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.