Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about educating & nurturing customers on a massive scale
We are looking for a talented & results-oriented self-starter to come into this new role at the company to own & execute customer marketing. You will create a roadmap, collaborate with multiple functional departments & drive end-to-end lifecycle marketing initiatives that help customers discover & see value from our broadening product portfolio, including: identifying cross/upsell opportunities (self-service or success-assisted), user segmentation & personalized nurture paths across multiple channels.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Driving demand: Implement a customer lifecycle program aimed at driving product usage & expansion
- Roadmap: Co-develop & own the execution of the lifecycle roadmap
- Identification: Partner with our Data & Analytics team to build a world-class approach in identifying opportunities for product expansion / cross-selling - & the ability to measure its success
- Segmentation: Use historical & real-time data to build out highly-scalable & segmented nurture streams to educate customers about use cases & products
- Multi-channel nurturing: Own the technical execution & communication strategy for more than a million customers, across all channels: email, website, in-app, live chat, social etc.
- Running experiments: Build hypotheses, run tests & analyze campaign performance
- Coaching: Manage & mentor a small team responsible for marketing automation & email operations
What Well Expect From You:
- Ownership of the customer email lifecycle: Experience developing strategy & executing on the full email lifecycle, from acquisition through winback, including: lead scoring, segmentation, measurement & beyond
- Consumer-scale with a B2B mindset: Experience in bottom-up, large scale user acquisition & retention
- Marketing tooling: Previous tactical experience implementing & using tools like Segment, Marketo, Salesforce, Drift, etc, with a strong focus on data piping across systems.
- Strategic thinker & collaborator: Has shown demonstrable success improving customer experience by partnering across Marketing, Sales, Product & Support
- Domain experience: Strong familiarity with cloud infrastructure and/or devops
- Strong technical background: Has worked as a developer, written code as a hobby, been a growth hacker, integrated multiple systems or has strong technical product marketing chops.
- Writing: Ability to write effective copy that ranges from technical to motivational
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!