Tanium is seeking a world-class Manager of Data Engineer to support the Global Sales organization in driving growth through leading with a solutions-oriented approach & providing accurate & robust data & reporting to the organization. The role will be responsible for global sales intelligence analytics, data maintenance & analytics. In this role, you will work closely with management on all levels to design & build out our business intelligence capabilities.
The Manager of Sales Intelligence & Data will report directly to the Director of Sales Intelligence & Analytics & will partner with sales leaders & peers in Marketing, Finance, & Customer Success. This will be a strategic role that will provide tactical solutions to support daily operations. The candidate must have a combination of strong leadership skills, analytical data insights & reporting experience, platform, & data architecture skills, & hands-on implementation & operations skills. The candidate should also have hands-on experience in project management, database architecture, & data governance/analysis.
Data Analysis/ETL: Prepare & analyze key data from the sales organization. This may include designing, building, and/or integration of data from various resources, & management of that data. In addition, this role is capable of writing complex SQL queries to pull data from our Snowflake database as well as writing succinct Python code for visualisations & data manipulations. Experience in PowerBI, Periscope & Github is preferred.
Database Architecture, Governance & Maintenance: Drive & maintain key database architecture & design, as well as the strategy & organization of sales data analytics & business intelligence efforts to ensure alignment with company strategy. Own the structure, cleanliness, & validation of internal sales data sets from multiple sources. Help to define & communicate a common methodology for company-wide metrics owned or monitored by multiple stakeholders.
Process Improvement & Documentation: Design, develop, improve, implement & automate new & existing processes, procedures & reports to ensure processes meet outcomes the business unit needs.
Cross-functional Business Partnering: Serve as an internal data consultant & partner to internal business units, such as Sales, Marketing, Customer, FP&A, & Technology.
Data Science: Perform scheduled & proactive business analysis on all sales related data, sometimes with the assistance of visualization tools or reports. This may also include drilling down on certain business challenges & providing conclusions & advice based on that analysis. Examples: unit economics, coverage strategies, pricing, & GTM verticalization. In collaboration with marketing, develop external customer & market-level insights to help build Taniums data-driven thought leadership & positioning
Manage People: Provide leadership, mentorship, & ongoing development to reports, focusing on growing & developing those individuals.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Data Science, or other applicable fields
- 5+ years of experience in business intelligence, data integrity, or equivalent field, preferably in a sales, marketing, or finance environment
- 2+ years experience in directly managing at least 1 person in a data intensive role
- Proven ability to lead complex cross-functional projects
- Fluent in SQL & Python with a proven track record of data analysis skills
- Experience building or maintaining data architecture & reporting ecosystems
- Data governance, data architecture, documentation, & data design experience
- Excellent communication & presentation skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Experience managing expectations of senior stakeholders, executives, & cross-functional teams
- Advanced in Salesforce, PowerBI & Github a plus
- Six-sigma or Continuous Improvement background
- Results-oriented team player who leads by example & holds themselves accountable for performance, takes ownership, & champions all aspects of our business
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, & global environment
Founded in 2007, Tanium invented a fundamentally new approach to security & systems management. Recognized as the "Usain Bolt of cybersecurity," it's no surprise the worlds largest enterprises & government organizations rely on Tanium to secure, control, & manage the hundreds of thousands of endpoints that comprise their networks effectively; & at unprecedented speed, no matter the size. If you are looking to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company, are prepared to work hard, & want to make a lasting impact on the organization & the industry, we'd love to talk to you. Learn more at www.tanium.com.