Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
About Visa Commerce Solutions
Visa Commerce Solutions is a small start-up like team within Visa that works ontoallowamerchants new methods to grow their businesses & build stronger customer relationships. Joining our team means
you'll get the best of both worlds: the culture of a fast-paced startup with the security & scale of a Fortune 500 brand. Our groupis devoted to building forward-thinking products to give our partners a leg up. Here's a sample of what we've been working on:
Launched Uber Local Offers in August 2016, a new way for riders to earn discounted rides by simply using the same Visa card on file with Uber at their favorite local merchants
Leveraging Visa data to power our technology & ensure that we're serving the most relevant, personalized offers to consumers
Driving value to high profile brands including Dunkin Donuts, Outback Steakhouse, Regal Entertainment, & Whole Foods Market.
Building out the best-in-class APIs that accelerate the delivery of merchant solutions & data analytics to fuel business growth & strengthen customer relationships.
You can find out more about our products here:https://usa.visa.com/run-your-business/commercial-solutions/solutions/visa-commerce-network.html
We are looking for an experienced & versatile full stack engineer with a solid understanding of object-oriented programming & experience with scripting languages. We value competence & initiative - we're more interested in the time you've spent on projects & the quality of your work than your years of job experience.
- Design & build rich integrations to be used by leading commerce companies
- Optimize our algorithms so that the we will be able to return information fast (and we mean really fast...and for large numbers of users)
- Build eye catching tools that will provide useful content & consumer delight
- Meet our partners & learn what code & logic changes are needed in order to support them
- Participate in expanding our platform's availability over multiple geo locations
- Help our system provide high quality output by improving its algorithms & reducing fraudulent activities
- Competitive salary, comprehensive medical benefits, & 401(k) matching
- Free meals, snacks, beverages, & on-site fitness classes
- Friendly & collaborative open office environment
- Visa stock purchasing plan
- Ping-pong, hackathons, rooftop happy hours, & team-building offsites
- Offices in downtown San Francisco (close to BART) & Palo Alto (close to Caltrain)
- To learn more about us, visit: http://www.trialpay.com/about/company/
- 0-2 years of full-stack, professional development experience (tickets, projects, & code reviews)
- Proficient with object-oriented languages such as Java, C++, Objective C, or Scala
- Solid understanding of communication protocols & experience building APIs
- Experience with scripting languages
- Caching technologies (e.g., memcache & APC)
- Good verbal, & written communication skills to effectively communicate for business needs & technical concepts to multiple organization levels.
- Note: Any technically relevant personal projects will be strongly considered. When applying, please include a link to your personal github & make sure to mention any experience with the following, and: designing/developing with NoSQL; AWS tools such as EC2, SimpleDB/DynamoDB & CloudFront; Big Data
Conduct requirements gathering with business & developers to ensure clarity of requirements. Lead design review sessions to ensure compliance with development, platform & security standards
Provide strong hands-on technical expertise performing development of platform framework components
Identify opportunities for & contribute to improvements in standards, & processes to support a continuous improvement approach.
Adhering to Visa methodology, develop technical artifacts for sound, high-quality deliverables: from sizing to implementation.
Working with on-shore & off-shore vendors, internal staff, & system integrators manage the delivery of required solution components to ensure quality & timeliness of work.
Communicate effectively & proactively with stakeholders & articulate ideas and
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours & couple of hours in the night to coordinate with other global teams.
- This positionrequiresthe incumbent to travel for work0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.