Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates economic transformation for high-need, high-potential individuals through our technical training programs. We are not just another coding boot camp. We are a mission-driven organization that goes beyond technical instruction to offer coaching, career development, & employer partnerships that help our Fellows secure high-paying software engineering jobs & thrive in their new careers.
We are One Big Team
The passionate & collaborative team at Pursuit gives its all to achieve our mission. And its not just staff. We work with employer partners that love hiring our Fellows because they are so well prepared, ranging from big financial firms to scrappy startups, & everything in between. We also activate & engage hundreds of volunteers that come from all areas of the tech industry. These experts & professionals help keep our curriculum fresh & our standards for achievement high by participating in our admissions process, as well as program-specific activities such as interview training, DemoDays, Hackathons, & Capstone projects.
We are seeking a highly motivated & organized Community Development Associate to join our team. The Community Development Associate will be the face of Pursuit of prospective Fellows, executing recruitment activities as part of our community development strategy & targets. You will work closely with the Community Development Manager to solidify community partner relationships, identify new ones, & most importantly, represent Pursuit in events & career fairs. The ideal candidate will have experience working with marginalized communities across NYC, be proactive & flexible in schedule, have strong verbal & written communication skills, & be data & outcomes-driven.
As a Community Development Associate, you will:
- Conduct community outreach
- Execute & attend recruitment activities including information sessions with community partners, attend tabling events, job, & career fairs, mail out flyer packets, etc.
- Support execution of local community events to increase awareness of tech careers
- Work with the Manager of Community Development to solidify community partner relationships
- Assist with data collection & recruitment retrospectives for partners
- Assist in developing partnerships strategy & targets, working with the Director & Manager of Community Development
What you need to be considered for the Community Development Associate role:
- 1-2 years of experience in community development or engagement, program recruitment, & non-profit work
- Understand & have experience working with marginalized communities across NYC
- Proactive & flexible in schedule & able to travel to attend events
- Strong verbal, written communication, & presentation skills
- Data & outcomes-driven approach in completing your work
- Proficiency in using Google Drive & Zoom required, experience using Hubspot/Salesforce & Monday.com preferred.
- Extremely motivated & inspired by Pursuits mission
Where youll work:
- Hybrid, from your home, at events across the city, & at our community office space in Long Island City,
- A great culture where transparency, respect, teamwork, & kindness are valued
- Competitive compensation in base, plus bonus & a full benefits package
- Unlimited PTO & an all-Pursuit week-long holiday the last week of December
Pursuit values diversity:
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds & experiences, & we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives & affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.