Nexthink is a global leader in Digital Employee Experience. Our product allows enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experience. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation & employee feedback across all endpoints, Nexthink helps IT teams meet the needs of the modern digital workplace.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain, UAE, Australia & the US. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of seven million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, & equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational & multilingual, & come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuine representative workforce that can help us create solutions & foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience. Join us today!
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Senior Legal Counsel will:
- Partner with the sales teams in closing deals with our customers & partners;
- Provide in-house legal counsel for Central European customer transactions, with a focus on the DACH region, & additionally have significant responsibility for managing & addressing various legal matters within the region, as well as frequently contributing to the functions of the worldwide legal team;
- Draft & negotiate agreements & documentation for sales & revenue transactions, principally cloud services, SaaS, license & services agreements.
- Draft & negotiate data protection agreements, security agreements, partner agreements, distribution agreements, confidentiality agreements, & vendor agreements, among others;
- Assist with the management of Legal Operations & implementing tools to maximize efficiency of the Legal Team.
- Advise on legal, regulatory & reputational topics across the full range of company transactions, domestic & cross-border, with particular emphasis on licensing, intellectual property, tax, antitrust, joint ventures, data security & privacy matters;
- Manage & maintain key portions of the intellectual property portfolio & source code escrow accounts;
- Draft, manage & maintain key internal compliance policies & controls;
- Develop documentation & form agreements to adapt to new products, services & changes in commercial relationships or programs;
- Prepare & present training materials & sessions;
- Provide counsel related to the development of new software & emerging technology products, including without limitation, cloud offerings, artificial intelligence, machine learning, & data sciences;
- Anticipate issues & estimate risks strategically, & identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks;
- Develop a thorough understanding of company products & services.
- A qualified attorney admitted to practice in Germany, with 7 or more years of experience as in-house counsel (prior experience at a law firm is an asset);
- Substantial experience in the software licensing industry (with expertise in various licensing models, products & services); including experience with enterprise transactions, on-premises licensing, SaaS/cloud offerings, OEM, open source software & software development practices;
- Excellent understanding of regulatory issues impacting global software company, in particular domestic & international privacy & data protection standards (including handling security questionnaires from customers & negotiating DPAs, as applicable);
- Experience working closely & effectively with sales teams in deadline-driven environments, & effectively managing quarter-end responsibilities;
- Expertise in contracts & commercial law & transactions;
- Exceptional negotiation, drafting & communication skills;
- Ability to work as a team-player, with people of diverse cultures & backgrounds, across a variety of business & product disciplines;
- Ability to quickly grasp business objectives, prioritize & organize work autonomously;
- Strong ethical practice & commitment to professional responsibility;
- Experience in implementing tools & solutions to modernize processes & controls within a Legal team or other organization.
- Excellent user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), experience with SharePoint & Salesforce would be a plus.
- Fluent in German & English; French is an asset.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful & innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness & collaboration.