At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access & participate in, & that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, & trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets & people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse & Societe Generale, & together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain & crypto technology.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. Our frontend engineers work as a small, agile unit consulting across product lines to improve usability throughout the business. Paxos defies traditional divisions & gives frontend engineers ownership over the design, implementation & testing of new features. Every engineer, despite seniority, has the opportunity to influence our product strategy by working directly with stakeholders, helping define feature requirements, & refine usability patterns. A commitment to teamwork, empathy, & strong communication skills are absolute requirements.
Paxos uses a mix of open source technologies & leading vendor offerings to build our products. As a member of the frontend team, you will primarily work with:
- React, Typescript, & SASS for implementing layouts
- Webpack & NodeJS to build our application
- Figma for designing interfaces
What you will do:
- Help found an internal component library that will be used across business lines & in marketing materials to standardize Paxos look & feel.
- Implement interfaces for a variety of internal & external facing features taking inspiration from both the crypto & fintech worlds.
- Work closely with stakeholders to build empathy maps & user experience diagrams for new features, workflows, & products.
- Create high resolution mockups to test interfaces with users.
What you need to have:
- No minimum work experience required, but wed like to see a portfolio of multi-disciplinary projects.
- An understanding of how to leverage typed languages to improve code safety.
- Comfort using one or more Interface Framework (React, Vue, Angular, etc.)
- Basic understanding of raw HTML / CSS
- Design Prototyping software experience (Figma, XD or Sketch)
- Experience working cross functionally & directly with stakeholders
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds & experience in banking, startups, tech giants, & big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 150 employees across offices in New York, London & Singapore & have big plans for our growth. Were looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working & intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers & regulators can trust. Were committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open & accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets & those who dont want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like PayPal, Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone & Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, & employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor & a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do & influence how we communicate & collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, & ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, & family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in & out of office.) In addition to the benefits & perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real & measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us: