Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, & brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquares platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Visits. As the industrys first & only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions those that exist today & those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date, building a phones-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
This is a great opportunity to join a high growth company that is disrupting the geolocation space. The Compliance Office Program Manager will have responsibility for managing a variety of cross-functional compliance activities & initiatives, with a primary focus on privacy & global trade compliance programs. This role reports to the Associate General Counsel of Privacy, Product & Compliance.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Implements new & established policies, processes & controls to ensure the successful management & reporting of compliance programs.
- Works with stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure operational & resource project readiness & proper execution of compliance processes.
- Drives change efforts across multiple organizations leading diverse project resources.
- Acts as a consultant & partner to the businesses & compliance functions by providing an independent appraisal of operational & control activities to identify risks & recommend solutions to mitigate identified risks.
- Updates & maintains compliance operating framework & advises compliance functions regarding infrastructure requirements.
- Performs assurance monitoring of risk controls to validate they are adequate & being executed.
- Coordinates & contributes to Compliance Office governance activities & cross-functional interaction (risk function coordination).
- Develops, documents & revises tools, presentations, templates, procedures & other communications for Compliance Office initiatives.
- Prepares regular management reports & situational analyses/solution proposals /project plans.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas & methods.
- Ensures careful attention to legal, ethical & business conduct policies in all work performed.
- Degree from an accredited 4 year university
- 7+ years professional experience
- 3+ years of project and/or program management experience
- Background in compliance subject matter or compliance role preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in project/program governance & implementation processes
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Ability to work seamlessly across multiple organizations as an effective business partner focusing on providing practical & efficient solutions to problems
- Ability to learn quickly & willingness to dive into new substantive areas, manage a variety of roles & responsibilities on a wide-ranging number of legal & regulatory compliance matters
- Demonstrated capability to drive issues to completion with little direct supervision, interfacing with a wide number of diverse internal groups & departments
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally & in writing with all levels of organization
- Excellent teamwork building skills - able to get results through influence (without direct reporting oversight)
- Presentation design & delivery skills
- High energy, initiative, organization & creativity to drive projects to completion
- Positive attitude
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.