BuzzFeed is looking for a Creative Director of Brand Design for their newly formed Marketing division.This is an exciting opportunity to play a large role in developing the BuzzFeed brand & develop BuzzFeeds existing properties (e.g. Tasty, Goodful & Nifty).
As the Creative Director of Brand Design, you will be working with cross-functional project teams within BuzzFeed, managing our design team, & working closely with Marketing, Innovation and, Licensing.
Marketing: You will be responsible for promoting the BuzzFeed brand & all other BuzzFeed properties. Our marketing team leverages our extensive audience to help shape & inform existing brands & products or to create new ones. Ensure continuity of brand design throughout the marketing of all BuzzFeed products.
Licensing: We have strong product footholds at retail where we have extended the BuzzFeed brands into the real world. You will be responsible for working closely with our licensing partners to ensure they are promoting our brands properly & have the tools they need to operate successfully.
Innovation: We work as innovation partners to BuzzFeeds advertising clients & develop new products & brands that solve our clients' challenges that leverage BuzzFeeds unique audience & perspective.
- 10 years of managing creative teams, dealing closely with clients
- A portfolio showing brands & services that you have created, we will want to see how you developed & grew them in the real world
- Build & inspire our internal design team while also managing freelancers & agencies
- Shape our internal thinking of how design can contribute to the growth & perception of the BuzzFeeds brands in the world
- Champion creativity & design within the organization
- Creative direction on all marketing, licensing & innovation projects
- Hire, nurture & develop designers
- Manage BuzzFeed brand style guides including key visual assets
- Collaborate with cross-discipline team members to develop comprehensive marketing, licensing & innovation strategies, hypothesis & early stage ideas
- Work with creative operations to traffic all projects moving through the design studio relative to appropriate staffing, key milestones, & delivery dates
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.