The MozFest Wrangler Program Manager collaborates with leaders from across the Mozilla community to coordinate & produce the annual Mozilla Festival. This role supports Mozillas mission to ensure the Internet is a global public resource, open & accessible to all by leading the Wrangler program for MozFest. It supports the growth of the internet health movement by providing leadership development through federated design & community organizing. The position will serve a significant bridge between the organization & its community leaders.
As a Program Manager, MozFest Wranglers at Mozilla, you will...
- Lead development of plans for Wrangler Federated design programme throughout the MozFest design & delivery process
- Coordinate & build alignment between Wrangler program & interpersonal work by bringing staff & community into the co-design process as Wranglers and/or through other modes of contribution & participation
- Develop guides & documentation for Wrangler standard processes
- Design & implement a plan to maintain Wrangler community cohesion beyond MozFest year-round
- Grow the leadership skills in the community by lifting up members through selection of Wranglers
- Develop & support wrangler mentor & alumni communities
- Act as community organizer & facilitator of the Wrangler cohort
- Review findings from annual festival to identify Wrangler needs & challenges for iteration on in future festivals
- Collaborate with the Director of MozFest & Event Manager to plan & deliver the MozFest Retreat
- Develop training plans, build materials & provide training to new & guide Wranglers
- Lead the work of the Wrangler Support Coordinator.
- Provide planning, leadership, & facilitation support across all Mozilla Festival Team & Global Programs activities to build a cohesive & accessible offering of our work.
Your Professional Profile:
- 3 years working with & coordinating communities, preferably growing communities
- Managing community relationships with a focus on maintaining & increasing momentum
- Project management with proven success managing complex, large-scale projects from concept to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record to quickly learn & apply new issue knowledge on technical topics
- Coordinating & running events online & in-person
- Designing interactive learning experiences
- Facilitating large- & small-group, in-person & virtual training
- Strong interest in co-design & sharing processes with peers & community
- Confident in ability to understand & present technical information (particularly around AI) to nontechnical audiences
- Empathic written & verbal communication style with ability to make written communications persuasive, accessible & engaging for a diverse range of audiences across traditional & social mediums
- Ability to work with multi-lingual, global audiences at a distance
- Strong interpersonal & strategic planning skills including effective prioritization & time management
- Positive attitude with the ability to see opportunities & overcome challenges
- Ready to quickly prototype activities, resources & learning materials
- Work independently in an environment that values initiative & cross-team teamwork
We Are Excited To See Any Additional Experience With:
- Mentorship or teaching experience
- Knowledge of the digital & human rights landscape online
- Experience with social media platforms, website content management systems & digital asset management
- Ability to build productive partnerships & teams inspired to take action
Salary & Benefits Information:
The Mozilla Foundation is dedicated to fair & equitable compensation for our staff. We aim to pay a competitive & market-based salary based on the responsibilities & requirements of the role. We aim to offer at the midpoint of our salary ranges for the purposes of increasing inclusivity & fairness of our offer process & ensuring internal equity. We do not ask for, or take into account, salary histories in our offer process.
The base salary ranges, & the mid-point, for this role is listed below. We target the 75th percentile of market pay as a salary band midpoint for all levels, with 10% either side of the midpoint to create a salary range.These four countries are where we most commonly employ staff.
- Germany: 77,973 - 95,300 (mid-point: 86,637)
- UK: 46,884 - 57,302 (mid-point: 52,093)
- Canada: $89,666 - $109,591 (mid-point: $99,629)
- US: $84,308 - $103,043 (mid-point: $93,675)
We may also add in a geographic differential to this base salary based on the local job market. This would be applied to the above ranges depending on the successful candidates location. Below are some of the common cities in which we hire staff along with examples of salary ranges,with the geographical differential applied:
- Inner London: 51,103 - 62,459 (mid-point: 56,781)
- Toronto: $96,749 - $118,249 (mid-point: $107,499)
- New York: $93,412 - $114,171 (mid-point: $103,791)
The range for your specific location will be discussed in screening conversations if your application is successful.
We offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Plan contributions
- 20 Paid Time Off days per year (prorated) + your birthday
- Company Holidays + Shutdown
- Wellness budget
- Professional Development budget
- Top up program for Maternity & Parental leaves
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Mozilla Foundation.
Mozilla Foundation Hiring Practices:
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices & forms of knowledge are crucial to & enrich the companys core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized & Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, & persons of all sexual orientations & gender identities & expressions.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at email@example.com.