Multiplay is a leader in specialised infrastructure & hosting solutions for the gaming industry. We are responsible for bringing the worlds gamers together by making connected games incredibly easy to deploy & maintain. Our technology stack stretches all over the world & our technical operations team are at the forefront of keeping gamers online 24/7. Recently joining forces with Unity Technologies, Multiplay is preparing for greater success & rapid scale.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to join our operations team as we build out our global footprint & assist with some of our growing pains. The mission is simple - make sure gamers can game. We use our experience to make sure our technology stack is fully automated, placing a large focus on efficiency to deliver our mission.
Our head is in the clouds, but our heart is in bare metal. You will be working on both physical & virtual infrastructure navigating all the challenges that come with working with full stack systems.
Gamers deserve the very best.
- You will help manage, troubleshoot & maintain automated systems across our compute estate whilst looking for manual systems to automate
- Resolve incidents across multiple globally-distributed teams
- Monitor high-uptime, low-latency services to ensure the best experience for our customers
- Diagnose & fix issues with our custom game scaling toolset
- Responsible for the setup, maintenance & running of our core API services
- Work closely with our engineering team to help deploy code to development & production environments
- You will be required to take part in an on-call rota (one week in four), which is shared between operations staff
- Strong understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) & how these integrate an Engineering & DevOps team
- Experience with Git/Docker/Jenkins/Puppet/ELK/Bash
- Previous experience with automated deployments into cloud platforms such as AWS & GCP
- Comfortable using load balancers such as NGINX
- Working knowledge of database technologies including MySQL & InfluxDB
- Healthy obsession with metrics & measurement
- Hands-on experience writing in programming languages such as Golang & Python
- Working knowledge of networking (load balancing, TCP/IP, Virtual IP, etc.)
- A working knowledge of Windows Powershell
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the worlds most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR & AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology & working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus & Microsoft ensures optimized support for the latest technology & platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games & breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction & more.