The Who, What, Why & Where
As the Sr. Engineering Manager for the Messaging team, your team will have the opportunity to grow & evolve a brand new product, but also to see the rapid adoption of your creation by Twilio-Segments 20k+ customers.
This product will face enterprise-scale usage very early in its life cycle. We need to scale right out of the gate. The design challenges are meaty, & youll be expected to work closely with your team & cross functional partners to iterate on a fast-changing product.
You will need to understand & articulate the trade-offs between new functionality & stability. You will need to persuade all involved to make the right architectural choices for the long-term technical & financial health of the product.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who lives Twilio Magic. The ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years experience writing production-grade code in a modern programming language.
- Experience driving career growth for early-in-career & senior full stack engineers.
- You are comfortable managing a team with responsibilities across our technology stack, from building intuitive user experiences on the front end, to building GraphQL APIs
- The ability to synthesize all inputs & develop a roadmap balancing product & technical improvements in partnership with product management & design.
- A proven track record of delivering on a team roadmap.
- Strong fundamentals & hands-on experience designing & implementing highly available & performant products.
- Exposure to SDLC from reviewing requirements through to debugging complex systems in Production.
- Experience maintaining & operating always-on cloud services.
- Strong customer focus, because the feedback loop with customers will be very tight!
- Comfortable diving into the code with your team when the situation calls for it.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: You & your team will create beautiful & intuitive customer interfaces for what is essentially a visual programming language for marketers.
- DRAW THE OWL: We are building a new web experience in Growth Automation from the ground up. Build new features & improve performance, usability, & accessibility.
- BE BOLD: We are all owners of the products we are building, everyone is empowered to drive the product vision forward.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You're empathetic, patient, & love to help your team grow.
- NO SHENANIGANS: You believe in being open & transparent with your team. Whenever you see an opportunity for feedback you provide it in a timely, clear & direct way.
The Growth Automation pillar is building a new platform to provide a one-stop shop for marketers to build delightful, personalized customer experiences across any channel based on a single view of the customer. Orchestrate a customer journey & send emails, SMS, push notifications, voice, video, whatsapp, onsite personalization - any channel that the customer prefers most with a relevant message they actually want to see. Our teams goal is to help Twilio-Segment customers understand, aid, & delight their customers across every first party touchpoint & interaction.
Growth Automation is being built on top of the most sophisticated first party customer data platform in the world. Imagine a platform that can take the hundreds of thousands of messages entering Segments pipelines every second, add in a new identity graph, & overlay multiple high speed, realtime & batch databases & you have the Personas platform. Weve since built several successful products on top of the Personas platform: Segment Audiences for real time audience management, Segment Traits for computation, & Profile API for real time personalization. Now we are building a Growth Automation platform.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, & this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$160,896 - $221,232
Rest of Colorado:
$140,784 - $211,176
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilios benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you & your loved ones. Its likely that you dont think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, & we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance & Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of lifes moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses & activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks