At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Were looking for an experienced UX writer to join our growing UX Writing team, & partner with our Transit, Bikes & Scooters (TBS) team in our New York office. Youll be embedded in this team, & a partner in influencing product decisions. You'll work alongside designers, researchers, marketers, & product managers to create a top-notch experience for users.
As our UX Writing team grows youll help establish UX writing as a discipline at Lyft. Youll define best practices, create systems to scale our small-but-mighty team, & generally elevate the Lyft user experience with your wording superpower.
- Translate complicated concepts into clear in-product copy (UI, notifications, errors, & more)
- Champion the Lyft brand voice & style
- Help establish product strategy & vision
- Regularly collaborate with designers, researchers, engineers, marketers, data science, product managers, & other stakeholders across tech & ops
- Manage multiple projects & competing priorities
- Create, maintain, & evolve content guidelines
- 4+ years of UX writing experience
- A systems mind that considers not just copy, but the end-to-end user experience
- Ability to understand & discuss strategy, metrics, & results
- A collaborative, proactive mindset
- Experience with design tools (Sketch, Figma)
- Experience writing for an ESL audience preferred
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.