Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 50,000 alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
A Senior Director is a key senior leader on the Campus team. They are directly responsible for the P&L & operational decisions for the campuses they oversee. A Senior Director, in addition to direct responsibilities to their own campus, will also oversee additional markets - through the management of Directors or Associate Directors of different metros.
A Senior Director owns the full suite of qualitative & quantitative performance metrics for their immediate campus as well as their additional campuses/business units. They also play a key role in crafting strategy for the campus business in partnership with matrix leaders & for driving growth initiatives through both B2C & B2B channels.
A Senior Director is responsible for positively influencing the wider consumer team & supports the GM & President in strategic initiatives & special projects.
- Manage a robust course schedule, optimizing for class size targets & profitability margins appropriate for their home metro.
- Draft, implement, monitor, & report on quarterly budgets & key objectives. You know your dashboard inside & out (e.g. marketing funnel, conversion rates, student satisfaction, team bandwidth & morale, revenue, costs, & classroom utilization).
- Oversee your local markets day-to-day operations & ability to meet performance metrics including local marketing, student success, instruction, student outcomes (helping our graduates find jobs), & campus facilities. Build a great team including local instructors, & cultivate an alumni network of raving fans.
- Serve as escalation point for student issues & other customer service related concerns.
- Manage a diverse local team of employees, including senior managers. Spot talent needs & hire, coach & develop high-potential contributors. At the end of the day, you hire great people & keep them engaged. Youre a strong team leader & communicator, & inspire your team to perform at a high level.
- Manage local team performance, crafting development plans & establishing success metrics that encourage the team to strive for & achieve success.
- Keep tabs on the competitive landscape, understanding the tactics & strategies employed by comparable businesses.
- Act as the external face of the market in the local community, leading efforts to connect with local partners, governmental/nonprofit agencies, & companies to drive audience development, workforce development opportunities, & hiring partners. Participate often on panels, networking events, & local conferences on behalf of General Assembly.
- Provide clear communication to the campus team on company performance, tying to global initiatives.
- Own the P&L for the portfolio of campuses in their specified region; advising on target-setting, determining resource requirements, & making key strategic decisions with the utmost concern for educational quality while maximizing profitability.
- Collaborate with General Assembly's senior management team & matrix department heads to set goals, marshal resources & support, & craft strategic planning.
- Collaborate with senior leaders from the Admissions team to drive top line revenue growth, as well as optimize conversions & operational efficiencies with the campus teams.
- Manage a team of campus Directors, helping them make the best decisions to effectively manage their business units, keep team morale & performance high, & hit local goals.
- Collate priorities & recommendations from campus Directors to drive growth, competitive advantages, operating efficiencies, & improved student satisfaction.
- Assist in operational challenges & help build yearly plans.
- Reports directly into the GM.
- You have excelled in a Director-level role for at least 18-24 months, although we will consider candidates earlier in tenure with an excellent track record in their current role.
- You have a demonstrated ability to hit goals & build high-performing teams.
- You have a proven track record running a profitable P&L. You are comfortable with the financial concepts that come with that, including income statements, unit economics & revenue recognition. You have strong business acumen & deeply understand the unit economics of the business & can speak to their business performance.
- You have a strategic mindset with the ability to balance local granularity with long-term regional planning.
- You exercise short-term pragmatism while maintaining long-term vision.
- You have advanced leadership abilities, including managing managers & directors, & can motivate & inspire a team with diverse perspectives. You have advanced communication & change management skills.
- Youre a strong listener who can listen & empathize with students, instructors, & staff.