Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Operations Analyst to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You will support process design of our insurance operations & identify areas for potential improvement. You will help develop process improvements & organize cross-functional support where needed. You will troubleshoot issues that arise by investigating the scope, cause & scale of the problem throughout our insurance operation.
You will report into the Senior Manager, Insurance Operations.
- Lead iterative problem definition & scoping, process design, & implementation of multiple projects in close collaboration with business & technical teams across Oscar
- Build solutions that radically improve the efficacy & efficiency of existing operational processes or unlock new capabilities
- Use data to independently drive decisions to guide strategy
- Independently manage month-to-month deadlines, balancing urgency against importance while supporting longer-term process design roadmaps
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience at a tech startup holding operational roles
- 2 years experience in Excel/VBA/Macros
- 2 years experience distilling complex concepts & workflows into clear content
- 2 years experience in project management
- Analytical skills applied in operational settings
- A bachelor's degree in a tech related field
- Prior work experience in tech, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, or management consulting
- 2 years SQL or similar database language experience
- 2 years experience independently using data to guide decisions
- Knowledge management, training, or content development in operational settings
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.