JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the worlds one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco & backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments & Tao Invest, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the worlds largest & oldest industries.
Were an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG & biotech, & were growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Were actively looking to hire the worlds best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service & business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs has an exciting opportunity to join a talented team of individuals who are working together to create the next generation of hardware-connected apps. As an ideal candidate, you will be a self-motivated engineer who can tackle interesting challenges head-on, including establishing core architecture & developing frameworks. Along with implementing new features & ensuring high quality binary releases, you enjoy the camaraderie & collaborative nature of a fast growing startup.
This is a unique opportunity to:
- Use the latest Android technologies, such as:
- Android JetPack
- Grow as a developer via company support for coding bootcamps, conferences, & other continuing education
- Google I/O
- Android Dev Summit
- Give back to the Android community through team open source initiatives, such as https://github.com/JuulLabs-OSS/able
- Collaborate with mechanical, electrical, firmware, & cloud platforms to build end-to-end connected devices
- Participate in all phases of development, such as brainstorming new features, designs, & architecture
- Experience ample growth opportunities at the fastest growing startup
- Flexible work hours
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Write clear, concise, reusable & maintainable code
- 5+ years software development experience on the Android platform
- Fluent in Kotlin/Java & Android development frameworks.
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, concurrency & memory management
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical problem solving & communication skills
- Experience debugging & performance tuning Android applications
- Must be a strong, self-motivated individual that can work with minimum day to day supervision & able to objectively rank & prioritize development work
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related fields or equivalent work experience
- Excellent English verbal & written communication skills.
- Expertise using Kotlin
- Proven Test Driven Development skills, working with frameworks such as Espresso, Mockito, etc
- Experience interfacing with RESTful services & other backend APIs
- Familiarity with Android Bluetooth Low Energy communication APIs
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. Well help you set big goals - & exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed & supportive teammates
- Equity & performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks & drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits & discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
- Location. Offices in San Francisco, Mountain View & New York
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles