Squarespace is known for our innovative user interfaces, forward-looking use of modern technologies, beautifully designed software...and the people behind it all.As part of our recruiting team, you will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating & closing technical candidates, & for guiding them through a smooth & memorable interviewing experience. You will also help refine & evolve our hiring processes & practices as we scale towards 1000+ employees. You are innovative in your approach, preferring to experiment with new & unexpected tactics, rather than stick to traditional best-practices.
This opportunity will stretch your skills & leverage your talents in creative ways.If you combine a passion for technology & outstanding recruitment skills, we offer the opportunity to work directly with senior-level management & top-flight product & engineering talent. By connecting candidates to Squarespaces core valuesand product vision, you will be a driving force in building the premier technical team crafting the future of the web.
This position reports to ourTeam Lead, Technical Recruiting.
- Evaluate a high volume of inbound applications, efficiently surfacing the top candidates to the hiring team
- Source passive candidates through a variety of methods, building a consistent pipeline of talent for high priority & hard-to-fill positions
- Provide an efficient, high-touch experience for every candidate from application to offer, acting as a candidate advocate, evaluating skill level, & driving the interview & offer processes including reference checks, compensation recommendations, & closing of candidates
- Develop & execute hiring strategy for top engineering & design talent, & meet quarterly hiring targets
- Develop a deep understanding of Squarespaces culture, product, strategic direction, & competitors, & use this knowledge to craft compelling messaging to potential candidates
- Serve as a Squarespace ambassador in all facets of your role, delivering a compelling view of our employer brand, as well as a pleasant & memorable candidate experience
- Maintain clear & consistent records in our applicant tracking system
- Collaborate with leadership including C-level, VPs, Directors, Managers, & Team Leads to understand & define hiring needs & establish effective processes to support those goals
- Adapt sourcing & research strategies based on business priorities; consistently report back with your findings on market trends
- 2-4 years experience with full-cycle recruiting & a track record of success within technical recruiting (either agency or internal)
- You're an excellent sourcer & can spot the not so obvious candidates (sourcing engineers out of top companies with degrees from great schools is easy)
- You keep up-to-date with the latest engineering trends, frameworks, programming languages, & libraries
- You're not afraid to dig into the data to identify inconsistencies, anomalies, & roadblocks
- You stay up-to-date with new recruiting tools; how can we work smarter?
- You love process & are always striving to optimize & improve
- Excellent communication skills, including active listening abilities; confidence speaking with people of varied experience levels & backgrounds
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visitwww.squarespace.com/about.