At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Who we are looking for
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
As the Senior IT Analyst, you will manage the IT needs at our New York office. You will also coordinate across geographies with our remote employees in Texas, California, & Massachusetts in order to help serve our entire company. You will be responsible for managing the evolving needs of a technology-driven company & anticipate technical challenges that may arise.
The successful candidate must have demonstrable leadership skills in a tech company. The Senior IT Analyst serves as the liaison between the infrastructure & general operations of the facility. You will install & maintain computer systems & networks aiming for the highest functionality. You will also train users of the systems to make appropriate & safe usage of the IT infrastructure. TpT expects our Senior IT person to have a high degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT software, hardware, & networking disciplines. Some of what you will own is below:
- Oversee daily operations by analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards, & setting deadlines
- Set up workstations with computers & necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Track inventory
- Develop & maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Provide orientation & guidance to users on how to operate new software & computer equipment
- Ensure security & privacy of networks & computer systems
- Organize & schedule upgrades & maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose & resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Patience & ability to train users in both new & existing IT systems
- Maintain records/logs of repairs & fixes & maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages & place orders
- Own Procurement, Budgeting, Forecasting, & Asset Management for all computer & IT related equipment
- Commitment to supporting new technology implementation
- Willingness to work occasional off-hours during on-call, deployments, and/or outages
- Constant willingness to provide assistance with technical issues, as needed.
- Problem solving skills to revise existing systems & suggest improvements.
- Ability to produce concise yet thorough reports within IT & for other teams as needed.
Qualifications & skills:
- 8 years of experience in working with operations & business teams to communicate problem impacts & to understand business requirements
- Must have a high fluency across G Suite products as we utilize many of them here at TpT
- Experience working with TpTs systems, such as Cisco Meraki, Mac OS, Windows, Zen Desk & Slack, etc.
- Outstanding organizational & time-management skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear & concise manner to a variety of audience
- Practical experience prioritizing, tracking, & reporting multiple demands for self & team
- Experience provisioning & maintaining: laptops, servers, & networking devices.
- Prior work providing help desk support to system users
- Good knowledge of internet security & data privacy principles
- Experience working with users, management, vendors, & technicians to assess computing needs & system requirements, & recommend improvements
- Experience in Procurement, Budgeting, Forecasting, & Asset Management