Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants & service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer & business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payments to landscaper), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), bill payment, cross-border remittance & more. Currently, the push payments market around the world is estimated to be an $80T opportunity.
The Visa Direct Country Sales Leader reports to the Visa Direct Regional Sales Leader, with a dual reporting into Canada's Merchant team leader. Accountability for the reseller program will be to the head of Canada Acquiring. The role will lead sales acceleration for Visa Direct in Canada. This is a unique opportunity to be part of building a new ecosystem in the fast moving world of payments & one of the most important initiatives at Visa.
This role will be responsible for leading sales partners to achieve aggressive sales targets & ensuring breakout growth of Visa Direct in market. We will be working in an agile environment, so this person must be aggressive & proactive to ensure we achieve our goals. Must be able to pivot & adjust as new information & lessons learned come to light.
This is a matrix, cross-functional role so organizational savvy & interpersonal skills are critical, as we interface with specialized product groups, financial institution sales, merchant & acquiring sales, client consulting, marketing & corporate communications, legal, & finance to coordinate the end goal of achieving aspirational objectives.
Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in strategy & business growth with a proven record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
Achieve or exceed aggressive sales targets for Visa Direct in the country
Achieve annual sales goals for both merchant & acquirer sales of Visa Direct, in partnership with local sales teams
Take clients through the sales cycle from prospecting to solutioning to deal structure to contract
Develop sales strategy for sales acceleration, including determining high potential client targets, use cases, verticals, etc.
Drive lead-generation & prospecting program & ensure good response to new leads coming in
Drive three key workstreams for Visa Direct growth
Lead prospecting to non-Visa merchants to find the right contacts & build relationships, & sell where a good fit exists
Lead a reseller program to help Enablers (acquirers, processors, gateways & FinTechs) grow their new Visa Direct product offering
Work with existing Visa merchants & their Account Executives to cross-sell Visa Direct solution where a good fit exists
Partner with VD Product team to develop the go-to-market strategy & ensure we have the right value proposition & product construct to meet client needs
Work with Marketing to ensure our client facing materials are excellent & help accelerate the learning & sales process
Collaborate with the Communications & Product teams share progress & growth to external audiences through a communication plan, PR, conference events, etc.
Work with Finance to ensure appropriate incentive structure, modeling & incentive deal review structure & approval process
Work with Legal to ensure client contracts that drive to successful outcomes for both Visa & our clients
Work with Client Services to handoff from sale to implementation & ensure well-run projects\
Work with cross functional partners in Canada to ensure we have what we need to be successful with our clients
Drive pipeline development & pipeline review process in the country
Lead regular pipeline review & problem solving sessions with the sales teams & help problem solve when client plans are stalled
Support the Visa Direct Regional Sales Leader in the monthly pipeline consolidation process
Ensure sellers are ready & able to sell Visa Direct to clients
Work with training liaison to drive initial & ongoing sales training across the client sales cycle
Ensure sellers know about & have access to client-ready, legal approved sales materials
Help sellers trouble-shoot & overcome client objections
Work with regional global VD product teams & operations to understand state of Issuer readiness, and state of client implementations & post-launch support
10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12+ years of industry related & leadership experience, including at least two years of experience leading commercialization teams, product management, strategy organization and/or management consulting Creative Self-starter with a bias toward action & proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching & commercializing technology products that delight customers
- Demonstrated success in driving sales acceleration with new product offering
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on delivering for clients
- Excellent listening & communication skills (both verbal & written), & executive presence; must be able to interface with our most senior client executives
- Ability to explain complex business & technical concepts to a broad audiences in an approachable way to influence & drive adaption
- Demonstrated thought leadership & the aptitude to think creatively & identify new ways to innovate & differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Passionate about what you do & excited about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Ability to inspire direct reports & influence those without direct management responsibility
- Possess a high level of professionalism & leadership skills to build business relationships, trust & respect with business partners & suppliers
- Strong team player, self-motivated & the ability to work independently at coordinating across functional activities, obtain buy-in & elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- An advanced degree from a top school strongly preferred
- Visa or financial/payment industry knowledge required; push payments or real-time payments experience a plus
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.