The National Sales Director will play a critical role in leading new partnerships with key US retailers for the Harrys Brand. This role will have a direct impact on the companys current & future growth in that they will significantly broaden awareness & bring millions of new customers into the brand. For this role, we need an amazing customer development leader one who understands the unique needs of new retail partners & their end customers. We also need a leader who can translate our brand into the retail environment in a way that drives differentiation in an efficient manner. The National Sales leader must be able to manage substantial complexity & translate & execute the Harrys vision in many retail formats. We also need a world-class team leader & collaborator, who can attract exceptional talent & collaborate well with diverse stakeholders. This role will require strong organizational skills & analytical capabilities & the ability to set strategy & drive executional details.
About the Team
The Retail team plays a critical role in growing the Harrys brand & providing exceptional experiences to our end customers, through deep strategic relationships with our retail partners. The Retail team is responsible for all customer development activities at each customer, cultivating strong relationships across all functions merchandising, marketing, operations & in store execution. The Retail team will also play continue to play a key role in enabling Harrys to expand into new mens personal care categories, by channeling insights from partners into innovation efforts, understanding how to position the brand to end customers in complex environments & driving the roll out of new product lines.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Lead all customer development activity managing our business across several retailers
- Manage Customer P&L including Trade Spending & all OpEx
- Manage a high functioning team & agency partners to serve the needs of each retail partner & Harrys
- Oversee development of annual Business Plan for each retailer that delivers on revenue & profit goals & works across company channel strategy
- Manage ongoing customer development, sales analytics & forecasting needs, as well as all project management & in store execution across an entire channel
- Help to define Harrys future strategy for a channel from a product, merchandising, marketing & partner perspective
These might describe you:
- 10+ years of retail sales experience across multiple channels
- Strong existing relationships with retailers & a passion for helping them grow their business & better serve their customers
- Proven track record of delivering top & bottom line results in a customer development
- A strong collaborator, who works well with diverse set of cross-functional stakeholders & partners
- Thrives on complexity, able to adeptly manage multiple SKUs & categories across multiple retailers & footprints. Extremely well organized, no detail is too small.
- Innovative thinker whos not afraid to disrupt the norm & go-to-market in new & unique ways. Yet, pragmatic around the need to balance customization & efficiency.
- Deeply insightful around end consumer needs at specific retailers & thoughtful around how to meet those needs from a new product innovation, portfolio & merchandising perspective
- Strong team builder & leader, able to attract, inspire & motivate exceptional people
- Self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- Take your work seriously, but dont take yourself too seriously
Who you will work with:
- You will report to the VP of Retail Sales
- You'll work closely with retail partners, agencies & Harrys teams (including shopper marketing, distribution, marketing, R&D & design) to bring the brand to life at retail partners & fulfill the retailers needs
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.