The Member Experience mission at WeWork delivers experiences that create intelligent spaces & connected, consciously-engineered communities to make people happier & more productive at work. We build products to foster a sense of community in our digital & physical spaces, enable increased productivity for our members, & evolve the ways in which members connect within the community.
As a Data Engineer in the Member Experience Mission, you will evolve our data infrastructure, build reliable data models, surface key company metrics, & develop tools that streamline data discovery & knowledge sharing. You will work closely with data scientists, product managers & other engineers to democratize access to data & the insights that lead to impactful products.
Who you are:
- You get excited about building tools from scratch without reinventing the wheel
- You enjoy collaborating with data scientists, product managers & other engineers
- You have excellent written & verbal communication skills
- You are passionate about democratizing data access & discovery
- You are a self-starter & feel energized by a fast-paced work environment
- Develop tools & processes to support self-service data pipeline management, streamline reporting & enable data discovery
- Build & maintain the analytics layer of our teams data environment to make data standardized & easily accessible
- Collaborate with data scientists to build efficient data pipelines & derived datasets
- Create & maintain visualizations & dashboards that surface key company metrics
- Establish best practices for data modeling, instrumentation, data discoverability, knowledge sharing & data quality
- You have 4+ years of functional experience in data engineering or business intelligence
- You have experience developing tools & services that improve data science & analytics workflows
- You are proficient in any flavor of SQL & at least one scripting language (ideally Python)
- You have experience building & maintaining data pipelines that make data easily accessible for analysis & visualization
- You have experience in Looker, Tableau or a similar BI tool
Nice to Have
- Experience with any of the following: AWS, Snowflake, Airflow, dbt
- Experience as a data scientist or data analyst
- Experience in data visualization
- You enjoy telling a compelling story with data
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings.
Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.