At Squarespace, we make beautiful tools to help people with creative ideas succeed. UX Researchers work closely with product owners across our product lineup to guide the direction & influence of research - staying involved with the product teams & training their colleagues to maximize their ability to understand & act upon customer needs.
We are looking for a Staff UX Researcher for our International team who is passionate about understanding the needs of customers in new languages, countries & cultures through different research techniques. You'll study our user base of approximately two million entrepreneurs, artists, & creative professionals, who inspire us every day. You will work within diverse teams as the primary researcher & will report to the UX Research Manager.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides for our employees.
- Represent research & the needs of our users in a major area of the business by collaborating on opportunities, building prioritized briefs, & ensuring the products we ship bring meaningful value to both the user & the business
- Support high impact user research ranging in scale from feature releases to concept explorations & complete iterative usability/concept testing
- Build & nurture partnerships with product managers, designers, data scientists, analysts & engineers
- Advocate for research within the organization & on your teams by guiding your team toward the best areas of study, methodologies, & a shared understanding of our users.
- Find compelling ways to illustrate research findings through storytelling
- Conduct iterative research & communicate findings in a systematic way to partners
- Identify & answer questions that inspire product change
- 6 or more years prior UX Research or Design Research work experience. Relevant education taken into consideration
- Experience with UX/Design Research methods (with a handle on usability & concept testing), & experience knowing when & how to apply different methods
- Comfortable presenting to groups, creating compelling stories from user data, & building relationships across interdisciplinary partners
- Proficient familiarity with market research, product analytics, & quantitative research
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.