Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
Who were looking for:
Skillz is looking to hire highly skilled & motivated deal hunters into the Business Development Team. These roles will initially report into the Vice President of Business Development. By leveraging your deep knowledge of the online, gaming & physical location ecosystem you will both drive meaningful player acquisition for Skillz games through strategic partnerships. You will work alongside cross-functional teams to identify new distribution partnership opportunities & execute upon those ideas. You are a person who is exceptionally skilled at building personal relationships & navigating complex marketing organizations & agencies. You thrive in finding & establishing new business connections & enjoy the hunt. You are thoughtful, personable & willing to do what it takes to successfully execute a partnership.
What You Will Do:
- Work with cross functional teams to identify new categories to expand the Skillz platform to acquire new players & games
- Identify & engage with key contacts are prospective partner organizations to define & craft new partnerships
- Work with existing Skillz partners to define, create & optimize player acquisition partnerships that generate meaningful user acquisition
- Create accurate performance forecasts & deliver upon such projections
- Report regularly to the team on the status of key opportunities & efforts
- BS / BA degree from a top tier school required
- 5+ years of experience in investment banking, management consulting or business development (media, gaming, online consumer)
- Sound business judgment, problem solving & analytical problem solving skills
- Exceptional written & verbal skills
- Gaming & esports industry knowledge a plus
- Experience with brand licensing a plus
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.