Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them reach, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers & technologists. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
As the Senior BI Analyst function at Stack Overflow, you'll partner with the Director of Revenue Operations & Sr. Manager both strategically & tactically with key insights & analysis, reporting, & database management . The ideal candidate has worked within a rapidly growing SaaS organization & has a broad spectrum of go-to-market metrics, processes, & tools. In addition, the successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of business intelligence tools & has a passion for data, analytics & technology.
Who were looking for:
- You are a trusted partner. When someone comes to you with a data need, you ask what, how, when, & help them narrow in on their needs, present other ideas/areas for them to consider, & give them something actionable.
- You are a builder & automator. You know how to build tools & automations to make data easy to access & understand.
- Have experience working with managers to create operational metrics & reporting for specific groups within the company.
- History of evaluating, developing & maintaining cross department infrastructure of internal tools for a revenue organization.
What youll be doing:
- Create & maintain dashboards that reports on company wide metrics
- Perform various analytics to provide business recommendations for marketing, product, sales, customer success, & finance
- Work with engineering to integrate data collected from new tools into our schema
- Routinely audit & provide data governance around key metrics, executive dashboards, reporting content, & user permissions to ensure data quality is consistent
- Diagnose & troubleshoot data discrepancies & errors
- Develop ETL/ELT workflows & datasets from various sources
What youll need to have:
- Prior BI experience
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics with a focus on Product/ Marketing / Sales Analytics, ETL workflows, database management, BI Tools, & Reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or MIS, related quantitative discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- You have done & can do these things
- Work cross functionally across teams & build trust with your partners
- Manage your priorities & requests
- Think & act strategically as well as execute on tasks on time
- Communicate effectively - you can adjust how you communicate depending on who you are speaking with & what you need to say
- Write up findings & present them to various partners so they know what they need to know & how they should act on the findings
- Technologies youve used: R, SQL, Python, Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio, SalesForce, Marketo, Operative One, DBT, Big Query, Zuora, Intercom, Microsoft SQL Server, Google Cloud, Chargify, JIRA
What youll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, & unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely. Well reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office Youll be in our headquarters in New York City, & enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, & all the espresso you can drink.
Were a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), youll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.