Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As a Senior Director, IT, you will lead & manage our business systems as we continue to scale & grow as a globally distributed organization where the internet is our headquarters. The goal is to ensure IT systems & people are effective & functioning in ways that help us achieve our dual missions sustainably. This role reports to the VP of Technical Operations.
What you'll work on:
- Work closely with senior leaders within Circle & serve as a strategic partner to establish & achieve goals for the IT department that support growth & scaling of the current department.
- Develop IT policies, procedures, & controls that govern all IT processes to ensure compliance with other Circle policies & regulatory entities as well as federal, state, & local laws.
- Authorize & oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance & support of all hardware, software, networking & telecommunications systems or platforms based on business needs.
- Build relationships & partner with business stakeholders to analyze the different systems needs of each dept, & ensure systems strategy & development are integrated effectively into the IT infrastructure.
- Partner closely with the Talent team to make sure that all Circle employees are receiving the highest standards of support & SLAs on internal IT issues & concerns.
- Manage the review & approval of all software purchase & renewal within the organization
- Establish & maintain service levels for response & resolution.
- Administers & manages annual IT compliance audits in conjunction with the Internal Audit department.
- Ensure that disaster recovery & business continuity plans, systems, & infrastructure are established & tested.
- Ensure that IT projects are being completed according to the design, budget & schedule set forth & agreed upon by self & Executive Management of the Company
- Perform reviews of the physical, virtual, cloud, security, LAN, WAN, & mobile IT infrastructure & applications to identify & recommend areas of improvement or change that will better suit the goals & needs of the organization and/or reduce capital or operating costs.
- Provide operational, service desk, infrastructure, compliance, & other KPI reports to executive management on a continual basis.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 10+ years Experience working in IT operations, supervising technology teams, & overseeing large information technology projects.
- Significant leadership, decision-making, & project management skills at both technology and/or B2B startup & large, sophisticated company environments.
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network & systems administration, databases & data storage systems, & telecommunications systems.
- Desire to lead & influence within a fast-paced, globally distributed, & changing environment.
- Deep knowledge of allied teams & function & how to partner effectively with them (e.g., People (HR), Engineering, Security, etc.).
- Exceptional problem solving, interpersonal skills, & the ability to communicate & relate to senior-level executives, management, as well as all levels of employees.
- Experienced with relevant tools & systems such as MDM, Google Workplace, OneLogin, & cloud services such as AWS.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack & Apple MacOS preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.