Beeswax is an easy to use, massive scale & high availability advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. Were well funded by leading VCs, such as RRE & Foundry Group, & are rapidly expanding our customer list & our engineering team. We offer our customers the most extensible & transparent advertising system in the world & process millions of transactions per second.
Our engineers come from major tech companies such as Amazon & Facebook as well as many other companies with strong software disciplines. Building & selling great advertising software that were proud of is the absolute heart of our mission.
At our transaction volumes we regularly deal with scaling challenges as our tech grows & evolves. To manage the firehose of data coming in, we explore complex tradeoffs & carefully architect high performance distributed systems. Those in turn require elegant & thoughtfully designed APIs to make the systems accessible to both our team & our customers.
You will succeed in this role if:
- You love the people challenge of building a high performing team - meaning recruiting, inspiring & developing your team members
- You view your role as supporting the team rather than managing or running it
- You are enthusiastic about developing efficient processes for the team
- You enjoy the occasional bee pun
- You operate well in the unknown & aren't afraid to take risks & learn from your mistakes
- You champion engineering & operational excellence, establishing metrics & process for regular assessment & improvement
- You have an ethic of service & focus on making customer driven decisions
Ideal candidates will have:
- 7+ years of full-stack web development experience & 4+ hands-on technical management experience
- Experience working on or managing a team that owns a web API
- Experience with modern web architecture both backend (Django, Laravel, Rails, etc.) & frontend (React, Angular, etc.)
- Experience recruiting engineers & growing your team