BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed Tech is a group of about 150 product managers, engineers, data scientists, & designers that are focused on building great products & content experiences that bring our audience joy & truth. Were a collaborative & friendly bunch that works in a typical agile way with sprints, JIRA, OKRs, & a close working relationship with management.
Were looking for an experienced product manager who is eager to help create the future of the BuzzFeed Quiz experience. Youll be working on a new team that is focused on creating a deep, compelling, & differentiated experience for BuzzFeed Quizzes that our users will love & return to. We are currently working remotely, & we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into the New York office.
- Work with a principal product manager & a team of engineers, designers, & data scientists, & editorial stakeholders to define & elevate the core BuzzFeed Quiz experience
- Develop a metrics-supported strategy for driving retention & loyalty with our Quiz audience
- Work with the full Quiz vertical ecosystem on web & app from Acquisition to Retention to Monetization
- Collaborate on team strategy, prioritize the workstreams, write product docs for individual products or projects, & communicate & coordinate the teams plans with stakeholders within & outside of Tech
- Experienced: You have hands-on experience launching & managing digital products, with a slant towards a consumer experience & how that drives the business & 3+ years of product management experience
- Collaborative & communicative: You have a demonstrated ability to work well & communicate with engineers, designers, & data scientists -- experience working with business & editorial stakeholders is a plus
- Curious, analytical, & proactive: You dont merely accept outliers in data, but actively investigate & dive into the numbers & research to find novel insights & new product ideas
- Comfortable in the spotlight: You will need to collaborate with & help influence senior leaders across the company to advance the teams vision & product strategy in a fairly complex problem space
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.