Fuze is a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity & delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing, & always-on collaboration. Fuze allows the modern, mobile workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
At Fuze we are passionate about building software that enables teams to work together more effectively. We want to harness the power of video & high quality audio to build a communications & collaboration product that is intuitive, easy to use, reliable, elegant & above all visually stunning.
In the DevOps role, you will be critical to our continued success & will be entrusted with the design, integration, & management of the platform services that interface with our growing portfolio of solutions. Ideally you share our passion for system automation, & will continually identify opportunities to further automate the testing & validation of our world-class solutions as well as their integration into our global data centres. You will take a development approach to managing, orchestrating, & optimizing services at both the operating systems & application services level. Put quite simply, you work hard to ensure that you dont have to do the same task twice. This is your opportunity to join an exciting business that is poised for significant growth. You will work closely with the developer team, who has a proven track record of building successful backend applications in the SaaS & enterprise software space!
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Establish a well designed monitoring & alerting system for database resources
- Plan & execute minor & major database resource upgrades
- Analyse performance metric for all database resources. Design & implement performance improvements
- Provide support & guidance to development teams that access database resources
- Find opportunities to reduce operational cost of the database resources
- Implement self-healing & incident prevention automation on the database resources
- Contribute to the continuous delivery company strategy
- Project based work including OS patching, centralized logging, automated configuration management or particular pieces of the environment, load testing, exploring alternative tools to incorporate into the environment, etc.
- Develop & implement HA & failover designs
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree, college or equivalent work experience
- 3 years experience in workforce
- 2 years MongoDB experience in production environment
- Previous experience with AWS & AWS services (Elastic beanstalk , SQS , etc)
- Scripting experience (e.g. bash, perl, python, ruby)
- Advance-level familiarity with Linux OS
- Excellent analytic & troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, system)
- The position requires an organized, highly motivated individual that has excellent project & task management skills
- Experience with centralized configuration management tools, such as Ansible or Chef