We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in the US thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Software Engineering at Vacasa?
We build the tools that allow other departments to succeed. Were constantly experimenting & fine-tuning our products. We value stability, security, & scalability. Our favorite word is autonomywe want everyone to have a voice.
What were looking for
At Vacasa, we live in the cloud (AWS) & are actively evolving our architecture--from monolith to services-based architecture--to support dramatic growth in both our business & our engineering organization. We strive for a heterogeneous architecture which empowers our teams to pick the right tech stack for the job.
The goal of our architecture practice at Vacasa is to enable & accelerate those teams by providing patterns, recommendations, & technical expertise.
This is the first dedicated role of its kind at Vacasa.
What youll do
- Be a strategic leader & voice, advocating for & driving forward the architecture roadmap
- Create, distill, articulate, & demonstrate cloud-native architecture patterns to be used by our Engineering teams, helping propel their architecture efforts & avoid common pitfalls
- Provide expertise & recommendations to individual Engineering teams on which patterns to use where, particularly with respect to serverless models, asynchronous messaging patterns, & data storage models & technologies
- Explore emerging AWS offerings, vet them for viability within our ecosystem, & make recommendations for adoption to our Engineering teams
- From time to time, embed with individual Engineering teams to support them in key architecture transformation efforts
Skills youll need
- Proven experience as a software architect working with distributed systems, web services, messaging architectures, & various data storage models & technologies.
- 5+ years designing such systems, preferably in AWS.
- Experience designing greenfield systems as well as evolving legacy systems into modern architectures.
- Excellent written & verbal communications.
- Exceptional ability to express infrastructure & software architectures visually.
- Track record of encouraging & supporting development team collaboration, mentoring, open discussions, & software development best practices.
- Experience with & passion for automation, continuous integration, & continuous delivery practices.
- Strong technical intellectual curiosity & ability to focus that in the best interest of the Engineering organization.
What youll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance100% covered
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave & holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture