Working alongside our design & expansion teams, the Project Interior Designer will be charged with designing new office spaces in upcoming Knotel cities. You will be responsible for preparing design presentations including sketches & material boards, working drawings including construction details, millwork details, & specifications. Your role will cover environmental branding ideation working closely with local Environmental Branding vendors for execution of branding elements. You will be the champion of Knotel's design capabilities worldwide & will clearly manage client projects from conception through execution for multiple cities simultaneously.
What Youll Do
- Help define & maintain an on-brand project aesthetic appropriate to specific Knotel & member needs
- Collaborate with global teams at Knotel in owning the entire interior design & environmental branding scope for new fit-outs for expansion markets
- Communicate regularly with the sales team in providing customizable solutions for clients needs
- Identify & select products & vendors that meet brand standards
- Work collaboratively with internal & external team members throughout the design process
- Interview & onboard Interior Design team in various cities as markets advance.
Who You Are
You are a keen, eager learner who turns every experience into a growth opportunity. You are someone who wants to become a master of design & arent afraid to get your hands dirty while doing it. You maintain exceptionally high standards for your work & environment, always looking for better ways of doing things. You would never say that something isnt your job, & you know how to balance hustle with poise in the way you conduct yourself. You are incredibly self sufficient, a master of juggling multiple presentations at once, & know how/when to ask for help. You also have the following:
- 5+ years experience preferred in high-end Hospitality, Residential, Commercial and/or Retail Interior Design
- An Associates or Bachelors Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field
- Excellent sketching & conceptual design skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal, listening & written; including client presentation skills
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, & Illustrator
With over 3 million square feet across 200 locations in New York, San Francisco, London, Los Angeles, Berlin, Brazil & Paris, Knotel is transforming the way we work with its Agile HQ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, & operatescustom spaces for enterprises, so that business leaders can focus on building the future.
Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding, & was named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup & New York's Hottest New Workspace Model. Knotels member network includes companies like Starbucks, HotelTonight, & Omnicom. To learn more, visit knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Dont check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Dont Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home & give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal & back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure & sign up for the hairy challenges.
Where is it Engraved- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others & offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual & collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, & religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts & initiatives outlined here.