CLEAR is looking for an intellectually curious, experienced Software Engineer to help us build the next generation of CLEAR's core systems to support our vertical teams in bringing to market exciting new biometrics-based products as well as enabling CLEAR to scale both our member population & utilization. As a Software Engineer at CLEAR, you will participate in the design, implementation, testing, & deployment of applications to build & enhance our platform. You will also continuously learn new technologies & software delivery methodologies & contribute to maintaining a high quality standard. A successful candidate will have an established background in shipping & support distributed systems in Java, experience working in an Agile environment, & possess strong technical & communication skills.
What you'll do:
- Develop, enhance, & support Java distributed applications
- Follow & drive best practices for producing clean, well-tested code & documentation on a predictable & steady schedule
- Contribute to estimation & sprint planning within an agile framework & deliver value-added features into production on a steady cadence
- Be influential in making architectural, design, & technical stack recommendations within the team
- Drive the operational excellence of the services owned by your team, including continuously improving the observability, performance, & security of the application
- Have a strong sense of ownership & be accountable for results
How you'll measure success:
- You have 3+ years developing Java applications, with exposure to Java 11+, & a strong understanding of JVM fundamentals
- You have worked on a team that shipped microservice applications, preferably in a cloud environment
- You are familiar with most of these technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, REST framework such as Dropwizard/Spring Boot
- You have experience, & are comfortable working in an agile environment
- You have a strong understanding of architectural design patterns, domain driven design principles, unit & integration testing tools, & software engineering best practices
- You are skilled at articulating technical concepts to a mixed audience of technical & non-technical stakeholders
- You are a team player that commits to & enables the success of your colleagues as well as your own
- Strong plus: you have some experience with or supporting front-end development such as web applications
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when youre at your best, were at our best. Youll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer & easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, youll enjoy benefits like meals & snacks. We invest in your well-being & learning & development with our stipend & reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility & adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you & your dependents, & a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $145,000-185,000, depending on levels of skills & experience.
The base salary range represents the low & high end of CLEARs salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience & performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEARs total compensation package for employees & other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light & the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 13+ million passionate members & hundreds of partners around the world, CLEARs identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, & travel. Whether its at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, & more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.