We are seeking a Finance Analyst to join the Strategic Finance team. Our team leads the Financial Planning & Analysis, Business Partnering, Financing, & Investor Relations functions, & works closely with the Executive team during strategic planning. In this role, you will help conduct financial & operational analyses & provide recommendations to company management, all while working cross-functionally to support teams such as Supply, Product, Operations, & Marketing. You will need to possess strong quantitative skills, keen attention to detail, & the ability to communicate ideas clearly. This role will allow the right candidate to both grow professionally & take on more responsibility in the organization over time.
What youll do
Budgeting & Forecasting / Reporting
- Work with Senior Analysts to build budgets & forecasts for teams across the company
- Support monthly check-ins with these teams so they can understand department-specific & overall business performance
- Collaborate with Finance team colleagues to produce monthly & quarterly financial performance review presentations for the Executive team
- Update company models with actual metrics & help forecast future performance
- Prepare materials for the Board of Directors & investors
Business Partnering & Decision Support
- Support finance team management by providing an understanding of financial metrics, both topline & expense -related, & their underlying business drivers
- Update key performance indicator models that help us ensure we are scaling responsibly: both fueling high growth & making sound financial decisions
- Act as a business partner to various company stakeholders to understand their needs & answer their financial questions
- Support our bi-annual strategic planning process by helping assess the potential impact of new business opportunities
What you will bring
- 1+ years of experience working in a Finance or FP&A role, with business operations -related work a plus
- Bachelors degree, preferably in finance or other business major
- Strong knowledge of Excel & Powerpoint
- Strong analytical skills with the ability & resilience to go deep into the details
- Ability to state ideas clearly & concisely, & to be able to admit a mistake
- Comfort with ambiguity, & multiple & changing priorities
- Familiarity with & passion for e-commerce, marketplaces, furniture, & design a plus
- Experience with Looker, Netsuite, and/or SQL a plus
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.